Mike Mayer
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

So how does Warcraft handle in 2-player games? My main concern with all warish 2-player games is that often if someone falls behind right at the beginning then they can't catch up. Does Warcraft allow for swings in fortune? Or does an early loser tend toward a gradual slide to defeat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Re:2-player game question
Mike Mayer (#23166),

The current rules have a bit of a "rich get richer" element. There are a number of suggestions that mediate this, and the victory conditions do not necessarily involve military dominance (though it helps).

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sillion
Sweden
Varberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:2-player game question
I have just played my first two, 2 player games.

We played with the following rules changes:

1. Heal affectes only when the opponent roles 1.
2. Poison only affecting one phase.
3. And that both player got to draw a card after combat.

It work out good and the changed card rule made sure that the loos didn't fall to far behind. Bpth players managed a comeback when all look lost and the had no units left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J K
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Battles can really shake things up. Both get at least one card. Reversals of fortunes can happen. I had superior numbers 6v? and superior forces 3v2. But I rolled 6 misses, while my opponent rolled at least three 2's. He went after my workers next turn. The game wasn't over for me, but I really had to work to overcome having less resources, less workers and units on the map and less experience cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.