Subject: Whistles and bugle calls rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lili Bryant
United Kingdom
LONDON
LONDON
flag msg tools
When playing the "Whistles and bugle calls" card, can the ordered group of "battlefield units in adjacent, linked, and contiguous hexes" branch off or be more than one unit deep?

So, for example, in a line of units like the below (not based on a particular scenario - just trying to illustrate my question), could only the front row of 6 units advance, or could all of them? Forgive my rudimentary square bracket hexes, and thanks for any clarification and insight!

[x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [ ] [ ]
] [x] [ ] [ ] [x] [x] [x] [x] [
[x] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Edit: I can't seem to make this display properly when posted, but I hope it gets the idea across. Perhaps a clearer example would be: could the British forces in the scenario 3 setup all advance as one, or would the two units in hexes behind the front row need to stay put?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the short answer is yes, as long as the units are adjacent to at least one other unit of the Group, it is ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grouped = touching, as long as your battlefield units are touching/adjacent they are grouped, and yes, this can cross the section lines.

But beware, grouping your units prior to playing this card leaves them open to artillery barrages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.