Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's nowhere in the rulebook, but the stock market says the game ends when a company hits the top right of the market...

First off, I'd love if I can get a definitive answer from Mayfair or Lonny Orgler which is right for the new edition.

Second off, assuming it's the same rules as the old edition, does the game end at the end of the current OR or at the end of the set of ORs (side note: it looks like bank breaking triggers at the end of the set)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
mbmbmbmbmb
The original rules say to end the game on completion of the current ROUND when the max share price is reached.

Breaking the Bank will end the game after the current set of operating rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Paul. Looks like we played both of those things right. We actually didn't end on the max share price being reached. We ended with the bank breaking. With the final OR, the top price was one space away from the max share price.

Any idea what happens if the max share price is reached after the bank breaks? Do you still finish the set or just the current OR?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
mbmbmbmbmb
My assumption is that max share price always ends the game that round.

How would you deal with a company increasing share value when it's already at the top price?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:
My assumption is that max share price always ends the game that round.

How would you deal with a company increasing share value when it's already at the top price?

it just bumps its head (or, in this case, belly) like in a lot of other 18XX games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.