Agricola: Farmers of the Moor» Forums » General

Subject: Which deck/s to get? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
mb
So I got Agricola in spanish, I know spanish but I'm the only one who does. I also got farmers of the moor along with it, and I thoroughly enjoy it.

The question is.. which deck/s to get in english that are compatible with both farmers of the moor and Agricola.

I can play it solo or with spanish people. It doesn't recquire you to know spanish în order to understand the action board. I can translate and sleeve the Major acquisitions since there aren't many. But in order to play Agricola w/o FotM I'd need a new deck If I happen to play it on level 2 or 3 with my friends.

Which one should it Be? If there is one. Or any combination

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much all the decks are compatible with "FotM," with the caveat that there will be a few cards you may have to house rule, or consult the Compendium about. My personal recommendation would be the G-Deck, followed by the World Championship deck, but that's just me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
mb
So..these decks should have cards that I could use instead of the decks that comes with the game or expansion and also provide game effects that take into account the new tiles and mechanics ?

Or are they only -compatible-?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no cards outside of FotM that reference the specific FotM additions that I am aware of. All other decks are however more or less compatible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you very much, I at least get the chance to play Agricola with more players which I enjoy as much as the expansion. I'll have the farmers of the moor as a family game and solo until I sleeve the cards with english text.

-..Gettin' those decks-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We always play FotM and do a 50/50 or so mix of FotM/other decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Brown
United States
Ofallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
King Agricola
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is probably a given but you need to deal out at least 4 minors from the Moor decks when drafting or pile selection. Mister G is spot on. I use the same decks he does.

I need to get to Ohio to play with the Ugoi!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.