$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Star Trek Panic» Forums » General

Subject: Are there promo cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone on Amazon asked about promo cards -- are there any?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biff
msg tools
Yes

Vulcan mind meld.

It is shown on the fireside games website as part of their gen con promotion.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Liles
United States
Valparaiso
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They will also available for the Star Trek Panic demos at many FLGS this weekend. Here in NW Indiana, I will be demoing at Lightspeed Hobbies in Portage.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moore
United Kingdom
Coylton
Ayrshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance that they might be made available in the BGG Store?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Upshaw
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Biff21 wrote:
Yes

Vulcan mind meld.

It is shown on the fireside games website as part of their gen con promotion.


Thanks for the heads up. Now I know to remove this game from my purchase list. I am not going to Gencon and none of my FLGS list a demo of the game this coming Saturday. So no way for me to get the card.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oliver Upshaw wrote:
Biff21 wrote:
Yes

Vulcan mind meld.

It is shown on the fireside games website as part of their gen con promotion.


Thanks for the heads up. Now I know to remove this game from my purchase list. I am not going to Gencon and none of my FLGS list a demo of the game this coming Saturday. So no way for me to get the card.


I don't think I understand your statement. Are you saying that you no longer have any interest in this game because you might not be able to get a promo card??
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Upshaw
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rmair62 wrote:
Oliver Upshaw wrote:
Biff21 wrote:
Yes

Vulcan mind meld.

It is shown on the fireside games website as part of their gen con promotion.


Thanks for the heads up. Now I know to remove this game from my purchase list. I am not going to Gencon and none of my FLGS list a demo of the game this coming Saturday. So no way for me to get the card.


I don't think I understand your statement. Are you saying that you no longer have any interest in this game because you might not be able to get a promo card??


That is exactly what I am saying. If I am going to get into a game I want the ability to buy all of the pieces for it. I have a lot of games already so to get me to spend money for a game now it needs to fill a niche that I do not have a game already in. Star Trek Panic seemed like it would do so. But as I said I want to be able to get all of the pieces. Sometimes I’ll make an exception if the game play is really good, but for a Star Trek/Star Wars themed game there is no exception. I love both backgrounds and would want all of the pieces for the game that I purchased.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oliver Upshaw wrote:
rmair62 wrote:
Oliver Upshaw wrote:
Biff21 wrote:
Yes

Vulcan mind meld.

It is shown on the fireside games website as part of their gen con promotion.


Thanks for the heads up. Now I know to remove this game from my purchase list. I am not going to Gencon and none of my FLGS list a demo of the game this coming Saturday. So no way for me to get the card.


I don't think I understand your statement. Are you saying that you no longer have any interest in this game because you might not be able to get a promo card??


That is exactly what I am saying. If I am going to get into a game I want the ability to buy all of the pieces for it. I have a lot of games already so to get me to spend money for a game now it needs to fill a niche that I do not have a game already in. Star Trek Panic seemed like it would do so. But as I said I want to be able to get all of the pieces. Sometimes I’ll make an exception if the game play is really good, but for a Star Trek/Star Wars themed game there is no exception. I love both backgrounds and would want all of the pieces for the game that I purchased.



That one card makes all the difference for you?

What do you do in situations where promos come out after you've purchased a game. Do you sell it if you can't get those promos easily? Or does it not make a difference because the money is spent?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oliver Upshaw wrote:
That is exactly what I am saying. If I am going to get into a game I want the ability to buy all of the pieces for it. I have a lot of games already so to get me to spend money for a game now it needs to fill a niche that I do not have a game already in. Star Trek Panic seemed like it would do so. But as I said I want to be able to get all of the pieces. Sometimes I’ll make an exception if the game play is really good, but for a Star Trek/Star Wars themed game there is no exception. I love both backgrounds and would want all of the pieces for the game that I purchased.


Wow, I guess you've never been in to any collectable game. Seems like an odd stand to take but whatever makes you happy.

I'll continue to enjoy STP without the one promo card that I neither have nor need nor really want.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Brent Ward
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the promo card on eBay:

http://r.ebay.com/mLsrnd
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG Entry: Star Trek Panic: Vulcan Mind-Meld Promo Card
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
KevinM2 wrote:
Any chance that they might be made available in the BGG Store?


Fireside Games has said they will be making this card available to order in their own store, some time after GenCon. They've done this with all their previous promos for all their games, and at an even later day they've typically shown up in the BGG Store too.

On October 6th, Fireside games tweeted this in response to the question of when this promo will be available on their site:

Quote:
Watch the skies... We will probably have an announcement about promo items before the end of the year.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greggory Delman
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if this is a single card or is 2 copies of the same card?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
wanloe wrote:
Does anyone know if this is a single card or is 2 copies of the same card?


It's a single card.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Hedstrom
United States
California
flag msg tools
Fireside games is selling the card on their website for $5.00 plus tax and shipping.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.