Armadöra» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about the orc and goblin powers. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jayme Thysell
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
The powers for both the Goblin and Orc say "Place an additional" warrior/palisade.

Does this mean when you use either of these powers that for your normal action you must also play a warrior/palisade for the goblin/orc respectively?

^This is how I've been playing the game because the rules specifically say 'additional.'

OR
Can you as the goblin use your power to place a face-up warrior, then as your action place palisades?
Similarly, as the orc, can you place a single palisade and then place a warrior as your normal action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The two questions on the OR side of your inquiry are true. The special powers of all the factions are independent from the same two options each faction has for their normal turns (i.e., play a warrior or play up to 2 palisades).

My response is based not only upon my interpretation of what I consider to be very clear rules, but it's also how BoardGameArena implements the rules on their site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayme Thysell
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
After trying it where the power allows the player to place a wall and a warrior on the same turn, we decided the house rule to be that you can only play the power in addition to the normal action of your turn. I.E. once per game you get either 3 palisades as the orc or 2 warriors as the goblin.

The ability to place palisades and warriors on the same turn was just ridiculously powerful and lead to consistent orc and goblin victories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jthysell wrote:

The ability to place palisades and warriors on the same turn was just ridiculously powerful and lead to consistent orc and goblin victories.

This hasn't been my experience at all. The timing of when the special powers for each race are used are just different and takes some getting used to. So, what if the Goblins play the Orcs? Can both be ridiculously powerful then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.