Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Variant Feedback: All players play solo. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Duck Duck
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
The other night, my group decided to play a 3 player game somewhat differently.

Given the sheer amount of characters and everyone's differing tastes for said characters.. we opted to have each player choose three heroes and play with their own separate HQ and Hero deck.

I did not notice any obvious unbalanced elements when we did this. Indeed, we beat the mastermind, but his last tactic card caused us to lose the scheme.. so a pretty even game methinks.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this or can think of any immediate game balance issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Off the top of my head, any Scheme that relies on the Hero deck being depleted, such as Superhero Civil War.

The Hero deck itself acts as an artificial timer, just like the Villain deck. By significantly increasing the "overall" size of the Hero deck by each player getting their own Advanced Solo deck, you're increasing the overall size of it dramatically. That, in essence, breaks the game difficulty-wise for certain schemes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles wohlganger
United States
Grand Forks
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my wife have played like this, and it makes constructing combos a lot easier. We generally prefer to play it this way, since making the overall game easier allows more room to play competitively and makes harder masterminds more accessible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce C
United States
flag msg tools
We can all fight Galactus Soon!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone else on this forum had the exact same idea and even designed a board for every player to use, I'll link it here if I can find it!

EDIT: Found it! http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1153505/individual-hqs
Also mentioned here. https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1218918/each-player-has-the...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.