Hide
3 Posts

Winter Thunder» Forums » General

Subject: Good game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
erik 69
msg tools
I totally enjoyed the game even though played only the first 3 game turns. The no-dice combat system is something off the beaten track (at least for me) but very interesting. The absence of ZOC is puzzling a little bit at first, but no big deal when you get used to it. Nice art graphic. A fast, easy game to play also as a solo. A good game well worth the price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I am glad you enjoyed the game!

I generally design games without ZOCs.
Or perhaps you could think of it as I do design games with ZOCs, it's just that each hex on the map is a "megahex" equal to a cluster of seven little hexes, the centre one of which holds the unit...

If you found the diceless combat system interesting, I have also used it in Autumn Mist: The Battle of the Bulge (the previous implementation of this game, but I like this one better), Summer Lightning: The Invasion of Poland 1939 (though the developer gave the units a ZOClike effect and I didn't know about it until the game was printed, maybe you would find it more familiar but I would play without it) and Balkan Gamble.
Funny thing is I designed this system many years ago for a Manchuria game that I have never gotten around to designing!
Probably be the next one I do.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denver Walker
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Erik, I am glad to hear it!

-Denver at TBP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.