Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stuka Dogfight pt 1

I want to bomb something today, and also have a chance to practice some tactics. I've learned a bit about the Thatch weave, and this scenario seems ideal for practicing that, at least as a defensive maneuver.

Opposing forces

Maybe not such a terrible mismatch? The Stuka can maneuver pretty well but it's guns are few and very weak.

Seeing the Stuka B element start to weave and knowing they would overshoot, Hurricane C element turned toward the lead Stukas, and realizing that Stuka C had initiative, so did Hurricane B. All but one of these shots are high deflection.

A Stula scores 1 hit for 0 damage. Hurricane C element takes Stuka A-1 with devastating fire, scoring 2 hits (high deflection hits no less!) for 1 damage and then FOUR hits for 1 damage, blasting both Stukas out of the sky!

Is this what "FURBALL" means?

All 5 Stuka dice miss. Hawker C-2 scores 2 hits for 1 damage, reducing Stuka A-2.

And another one.

Stuka C-2 scores 1 hit forn1 damage (high-deflection) to reduce Hurricane B-2, which in turn eliminates the already reduced Stuka. All other shots are ineffective.

That's all I have time for now, here is the battle as it stands. This will be completed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.