Scott Moore
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
designer
badge
'This War Without an Enemy'
mbmbmbmbmb
I initially designed This War Without an Enemy back in 2012 under the title of England's Fire. I had long been a fan of block war games and when I read that the English Civil War was one of the topics being considered for future publication by Columbia Games, I made them a proposal to design such a game myself. When I submitted my design they requested a few changes, including changing the name to Cromwell. It was under this name that the game came second in a Columbia Games customer survey. I naturally hoped that this would lead to it being published by them, but the months and then the years passed by and I heard nothing. Eventually I decided to continue working on the game and I spent the next several months redesigning and then playtesting it. By the end of 2015 the game had reached a very stable form, and I felt that it was as ready as could be. Indeed, my playtesters encouraged me to approach potential publishers.

I have now submitted This War Without an Enemy to a select group of publishers and I hope that one of them will commit to publishing the game within the next few months. I am open to offers from other companies and would also consider self-publishing if I can find one or two partners. Failing this, then I will web publish the game for free - most probably by the end of 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Good luck, I hope you get a publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE REVENGE OF THE GOLDFISH
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moujamou wrote:
Good luck, I hope you get a publisher.

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Moore
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently working with a publisher on the game rules and more playtesting. I hope to be able to give further news a couple of months from now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clay stretch
United States
louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I do hope this sees the light of day, it would be a grand way to incorporate 15mil armies as a campaign vehicle. That and I love block wargames. Waiting for this one to be sure. And some day maybe an ECW commands and colors set to "plug in" with your work on this title. That would be sweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Moore
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still haven't signed a contract with the publisher, so I don't want to give out any details yet, but we've already discussed a timetable for publication and a couple of artists/graphic designers have agreed to work on the game. What I can say is that it is looking very likely that This War Without an Enemy will be published in 2018.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.