$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: CARDBOARD WARRIORS (IV) 2016 IS ON 24th, 25th SEPTEMBER IN SOUTHPORT rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
simon thornton
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(War) Gamers  Cant find the time, opponents or space .

Ever wanted to get your teeth into a ...

COIN game like Fire in the Lake or A Distant Plain,
a block game like Hammer of the Scots or FAB: The Bulge,
a big mutiplayer wargame like Sword of Rome,
how about a monster like It Never Snows with multiple players playing each side,
or perhaps something simpler slightly more Euro like Quartermaster General, Polis: Fight for the Hegemony or 1944: Race to the Rhine.
Or Perhaps you d rather stick with good old fashioned hex and counter like Tunisia (OCS) , Liberty Roads or Combat Commander: Europe.

The opportunity is here to play these and others like them and as before table space is reserved and if people are playing a monster it may be left out all weekend no problem.

The Venue , The Date

We have moved , this year it will be in WARGAMES  games shop  Lord Street , Southport in Merseyside, 10-10 Saturday and 10-6 Sunday.

https://www.facebook.com/WarGamesUK.co.uk/?fref=ts

Dont fancy a monster ? Can only come for a day ? Saturday will be the main day but for those who want to carry on (like me) , there ll be still gaming going on Sunday for those who are still up for it.

Its all free ! , I just ask you to buy some refreshments from the shop , (although the owner is fairly relaxed about people bringing in takeaways , check on the day)   . Or even the odd game from their  extensive collection (including a large selection of miniatures for the minature gamer) , you can even order that wargame you ve always wanted in advance and they can even order it for you so it is available on the day.

Ill be bringing along a selection from my 200+ games so there will be a small library or look at what I own and ask me to bring a game you fancy playing.

This is now our fourth  year of this small con and it was good to see people are still coming back each year

, a quick look at the games played in previous three years can be found here...

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/196766/games-played-cardb...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/178581/item/3416140#it...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/159145/cardboard-warri...

and a few nice pics here...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1014145/card-board-warri...

If you are going to come, post here and add any games you plan to or are interested in playing . Unlike a lot of general Euro ish cons if you turn up randomly it may not be as easy to jump into a game as obviously wargames are longer but we will do our best to get you a game. If you can plan ahead it will run a lot smoothly for you.

Saying that. the first year a few casual players where able to join in the con Monster game It Never Snows which easily accomodated the 7 players it had at one point. Last year the focus was more of MP games, so MP or Monster what do you fancy this year ?

So let us know if your coming , feel free to PM me with queries if you need information about Southport , etc and I look forward to seeing you on the weekend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon thornton
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Facebook generation sign up for it here...

https://www.facebook.com/events/1781104695459643/?notif_t=pl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon DeSmet
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ought to be there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Pleass
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I would be interested but am away on holiday that weekend & the rest of my gaming group will be at the Goodwood Revival, pity

Good luck, hope you have a great weekend and maybe next year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon and I will be there, with A World at War. Last night we learnt how to conquer Poland.

Plenty of room for extra players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon thornton
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha ha , it is only a weekend. I'd love to push the pieces about at some point but itsnt it a 100 hour game ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon thornton
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SO World at War , a bit of OCS and the usual COIN. ANyone else got anything they d like to bring and play this weekend ?

And a remider to all it is this weekend laugh !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Oakes
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be along both days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Tomlinson
United Kingdom
Liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there Saturday, but Sunday I may only be able to do the afternoon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Polux
msg tools
mbmbmb
Cardboard Warriors has been fantastic the last two years that I have attended; so I'll be there for all of Saturday.

I'm looking forward to playing Sicily II, hopefully as the Germans.

Maybe there might be a good card-driven game -something like Sword of Rome, Maria or Dune- or something else that allows bluffing (since I can't beat Simon in a straight fight) in the evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon thornton
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record , someone is bringing Sicilly 2, no Tunisa this year (well not my copy). I'll sure to bring Sword of Rome and I'm ALWAYS up for Maria , I'd love to get a game of that in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon DeSmet
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
looking forward to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will be there on Saturday with Z-Man's Wars of The Roses and History of The Roman Empire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Oakes
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those interested in this sort of thing, 200 yards along the road There is Inn Beer, the best beer shop I've ever known. Half the enormous range is British beer, the rest isn't. So if you're after a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster, or something nice from Bavaria it's worth the trip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Polux
msg tools
mbmbmb
PaulinTheLion wrote:
For those interested in this sort of thing, 200 yards along the road There is Inn Beer, the best beer shop I've ever known. Half the enormous range is British beer, the rest isn't. So if you're after a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster, or something nice from Bavaria it's worth the trip.

Good call.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Torgoose
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive not looked properly on the facebook page for the location do they serve food etc? Or do they let you take your own food in?

Me and Colin are there for both days and hoping to play a world at war but might have time to do a different game if it all goes badly wrong!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon thornton
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They sell decent proper coffee and soft drinks, crisps,chocolate . So please get any drinks from there. But they let you bring takeaways in and have the number of a good pizza delivery.

There's plenty of foody places around the corner

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew McGee
msg tools
And a good time was had by all.

My first ftf games in many many years, and it was great to be back.

I fluidly beat Simon at Hannibal. Apart from that I was less successful, but I didn't care. I so much enjoyed being back in the company of other people who take proper wargames seriously.

It would be nice to organise something on the other side of the Pennines.

LEeds or York have been suggested, and either would suit me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.