Galaxy Trucker: Missions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Delivered or not? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paolo Russo
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
One mission asks to deliver at least 1+flight level objects.
So if I play a III level spaceship, I should bring 4 or more objects.

It says "whether the ship arrives or not, pay for each not delivered under the level of flight+1 objects"
I wondered if starting with 5 objects and retiring after 3 cards would mean I had delivered them.
I guess not, but I wanted to check with you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil DeKoning
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What mission are you referring to? The closest text I can find to what you said is on Experiments, so I'll assume that's the one.

(Sorry for being long-winded, but Galaxy Trucker brings out the engineer in me.)

This looks like it could be a lot more clearly worded, and I can't find any kind of official FAQ from CGE. The text does seem to make a distinction between "finished" and "delivered," though.

As you say, a level III trip would require four different missions cargoes. Thinking about it, I can see the following possibilities.

1. The ship finishes the trip with all four cargoes. The player receives the rewards for each cargo.

2. The ship starts with four cargoes and loses, let's say, two mission cargoes on the trip but still finishes. The player gets the reward for the two cargoes and the lost ones are treated like lost components.

3. The ship also starts with four but drops out, one way or another. The player doesn't get any rewards for the missions cargo and pays for losses normally.

4. The ship begins the trip with less than four mission cargoes. If it starts with only two, the player will have to pay a penalty of 20 credits, in this example, whether it finishes or not.

Serpentium wrote:
I wondered if starting with 5 objects and retiring after 3 cards would mean I had delivered them.
I guess not, but I wanted to check with you
In your case, I think you have delivered them, you just don't get the rewards.

Assuming this was a level III mission and you had you started the trip with only 3 mission cargoes, whether or not you finished, you'd have to pay a penalty of 10 credits for the missing cargo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Russo
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Man, you are awesome! I didnt do all this analisys, so I wouldn't get all you said, without you saying it.
Thanks so much, I'll add it to my growing personal FAQ in italian.

Ps. My kids love it and we play it daily
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.