Subject: 2 player exhibition: NEMESIS VS CARNAGE (with painted minaitures) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday i finally dragged in my friend to try this game out.
HE's a Destroy everything kind of guy and after hearing the teams he chose CARNAGE. I went with Nemesis Because i put a lot of work in painting them and i wanted to see them in action!

Here you can see (and rate) my painted base set with a step by step process:The Slaughterball Painting Project

So we pick up our formations and decide on first turn.
Carnage goes first.

TURN 1:
Ball launches and scattares towards NEMESIS.
As soon as that happens one of the NEMESIS Cleavers trips on itself, gets an "Epic Fail" from the crowd and fells flat on his butt!
Carnage player is moving his butcher, the razor and one slasher towards my athletes but still nothing else happens.
The nearest NEMESIS Slasher picks up the ball and moves in the meat grinder scoring 2 points and opening the hatches.
HE tries to pass the ball to the nearest razor. The pass fails by a couple of knives and the ball scatters far away.
NEMESIS razor, pissd about failing to catch the pass gets a "Burst of Speed" and picks up the ball... he is 7 spaces away from the goal and has 7 accuracy... 7 dice,7 knives to score and he is at 7 space ditance... he takes the shot without any boost!
Drum roll!

note: Image turned out to blurry to post i will have to recreate the situation later on because it wa struly magnificent

AAAAAAAAAAND IT'S IN!!! 7 points for the NEMESIS, and the fan completely forgot about the earlier mistake!

Ball relaunches and scatters near the Carnage cleaver.

Nemesis activates his butcher and moves it near is slasher for protection

SCORE: Nemesis 9 - CARNAGE 0

TURN 2:
Carnage Cleaver decides to pick up the ball near him and tries a shot for 3 points. Risky Move but it Gets IN! 3 points for CARNAGE!

Ball launches and scatter by only 3 spaces in the NEMESIS side now!

CARNAGE moves their razor near the NEMESIS slasher and tries to knock him down. (STRANGE PLAY BY CARNAGE but maybe he has an ace in the hole)
The nemesis Slasher isn't intimadated at all and he redirects the force of the impact back to the razor and the attacker gets DOWN!
The Slashers pair up and and Chop the NEMESIS Butcher. IT's a KNOCKOUT! Incredible performance for the CARNAGE Slashers! And the referee awards 1 point to CARNAGE

What will NEMESIS do?

The Nemesis Cleaver finally decides to get up and move out to give support.
The KO Butcher gets up and chops down the SLASHER with a little help of a "BRAWL Boost CARD"...

And it gets KO back! 1 point for CARNAGE.

Finally the Razor starts moving towards the ball avoiding unecessary fights!

SCORE: NEMESIS 9 - CARNAGE 5

TURN 3:
CARNAGE WANTS to ge things going!
With the First Slasher he chops down the cleaver for 1 point for a knockout and then the second slasher moves out to reach the boll and try to score an easy 2 point shot!

AAAAAAND IT'S IN! 2 points for CARNAGE

Ball relaunches in the CARNAGE cleaver zone

In the mean time one of CARNAGE Butchers is moving in for the kill

NEMESIS seems in a pinch and spends the entire turn reorganizing and positioning itself scoring in the mean time a knockdown

SCORE: NEMESIS 10 - CARNAGE 8

TURN 4:

The battle rages on in that zone of the pit!
CARNAGE Slasher position himself and chops down the prone cleaver...
But it results only in the attacker getting KO. 1 point for Nemesis. The referee doesn't seem to care.
The second Carnage attacks the prone Butcher comitting foul again but the referee still doesn't seem to care... Not satisfied with that he plays a "brute" Card... but incredibly the Butcher stands up thanks to "Bamboozle"! SHOWDOWN between the 2 forces!

It's a double KNOCK OUT! what incredible situation over that spot in the pit! 1 point for each team

Carnage Cleaver picks up the ball and scores an easy 2 point shot

Ball relaunches in the far corner from the nemesis side.

The NEMESIS cleaver gets up and chops the prone slasher... but he can't exceed the toughness of the slasher. The referee now tries to deal a "penalty" but it gets "Axed" by the raging fans calling him biased and he withdraws.

The Nemesis Butcher stands up again and gets dirty stomping a slasher in the ground... boosted by Nemesis technology he reduces the toughness of the slasher to 2 and badly injures him! 2 points for NEMESIS! the fans are in exctasy and the referee still hides in a corner.

Finally the Nemesis razor gives everything he has by activating Burst of Speed and an accuracy improver managing to shoot at 6 distance and scoring 6 points! WHAT A play by the NEMESIS team! The Nemesis razor in the pit he's looking to get that MVP award!

ball relaunches and gets near the zone where the battle is raging on!

SCORE: NEMESIS 19 - CARNAGE 9

TURN 5:
CARNAGE wants to get rid of that razor NEMESIS at any cost! he sends it's Butcher to him and manages to lightly injure him! But the referee this time doesn't allow this Brutality without reason and expels him! Still the Razor is sent to the Slaughter BOX.

The second Butcher moves in and covers the spot of the injured Slasher and gets physical with Nemesis Butcher.

The result is a KO for the CARNAGE butcher but the referee caught him fouling and sends him in the penalty box!

In the meantime the remaining CARNAGE slasher picks on the NEMESIS Cleaver and tries to injure him without success but awarding him a KO point.

BUT WHat's happening now??? is that... YES IT IS! The Razor NEMESIS seems completely fine and doesn't seem bothered by the fact it was sent in the slaughterbox... He enters the pit again with the crowd cheering for him and he sees immediately an opportunity.

The ball is near him, he picks it up and goes for another shot from 4 distance nailing another 4 points for NEMESIS!

Ball scatters again in the CARNAGE cleaver zone

The Nemesis are too busy celebrating that they don't realize they "LOST MOMENTUM" and we arrive in the last minutes of the match.

SCORE: NEMESIS 23 - CARNAGE 10

FINAL TURN:

CARNAGE, capitalizing on the lost momentum tries a last attempt at gaining points by going fully physical! The penalty for one of butchers expires and he re enters the pit in the hot brawling zone!
His prone Slashers quickly gets up for free in an adrenaline rush and the Butcher immediately charges in with a BURST of SPEED, he picks up the NEMESIS butcher, thanks to his skills, moving him outside of the cleaver companion range and tries to injure the prone NEMESIS Butcher with the help of the slasher. No success in exceeding the toughness.
The referee is completely siding with nemesis right now which sends the butcher straight again in the penalty Box. BAD LUCK for them!

Another penalty expires and the other butcher comes in trying to do the same as his unlucky companion. This time he manages to injure him gaining 4 points and before the referee could do anything he launches a strange look towards him... the referee cowardly goes back into a corner and the fan rejoice!

With the last strenght remaining, knowing fully well they can't catch up to the prowess of the MVP, the CARNAGE coach instructs the team and tries the impossible: covering a distance 3 shot with only 2 dice of accuracy!

Believe it or not he manages it and gains 3 points! the NEMESIS team, amazed by this show of pride and strenght decides to honor their adversaries... by knocking 2 athletes out and gaining 2 points!

"What, did you really think i would just let them show off like that in front of everyone?" said the coach of the NEMESIS team when questioned about that final beahviour

FINAL SCORE: NEMESIS 25 - CARNAGE 17

So what were the impressions?
My friend: "i had fun i thnk with 4 is even better"
i say to him "you know there is a "league module" with which you can basically do a full campaign and improve your team"
he answers me: " well what are we waiting for? gather up some people!"

So yeah this wa smy second experience with slaughterball and exhibition rules and his first one but we quite enjoyed it!
Can't wait for the other teams!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ogmund prime
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Outstanding game Lance! I think your Razor will be on the receiving end of some dirty stomping early next bout. If your friend purchases "buttkicker" for one of his Slashers and suddenly can count both stars and boots as knives...I think the Slaughterbox will fill up quickly from all that stomping!

I did catch one error. There wasn't room on the reference card but if you read the full skill in the rulebook, the Carnage Butcher can only "move prone athlete" to Razors, Cleavers, and Slashers, not Butchers. I got burned by that fact early on until one of my gaming group pointed it out to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we played exhibition so no "improving rules" on athletes!
also he actually did send my razor to the slaughterbox... too bad i had reserved in my hand a "no time to bleed" aand practically nullified the damage!

That lonesome razor basically did all the game for me XD

Yes probably we had some rule errors here and then but since it was exhibition and it was first time for other player and second time for me i think it's reasonable to miss a skill rule... i for instance always forgot to apply my "draw new cards for stars" ability of the cleavers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Kjerland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Sounds like a fun game, Lance! And the paintjobs look great in the Pit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ogmund prime
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know what you mean. The Valkyries are my go to team from the base box. I have missed more opportunities to cash in my Cleaver's "boot" icons than I care to admit.

I'm a gamer, not a painter. My poor Bloodbowl attempts will attest to that. Yet seeing your painted athletes in the pit have really got me thinking. Especially with all the home arena boards coming out, they just scream to have painted athletes running about!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.