Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Hart
United Kingdom
Ripon
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Anyone played it yet and care to share their first impressions of this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I read the rules some time back but didn't end up getting a copy of the game. I'd be interested to hear how it plays because it seemed like it might be a little complex and I'd like to know if the complexity is worth it. I also wonder if anyone would go for this instead of M&P, which is totally shit hot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hart
United Kingdom
Ripon
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi James,

I just played my first game. Though I say played, it was really a learning experience with lots of mistakes. However, I reckon my second game will go very smoothly and I will only need to refer to the Player Aid.

I see you have Napoleon's Triumph and Guns of Gettysburg. I think it feels like the Simmons games but is easier to understand and play.

What is M&P?

Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Interesting comparison to the Simmons stuff. That will make me think again about the game..

M&P: Musket & Pike Battle Series
Broadly the same era, although M&P tends to be a few years later..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Far less complex than m&p in my view. On balance I think this is a good thing as m&p overdoes it a bit, especially on the status marker counters, but I could probably have taken a little more here. Even with the advanced rules I'd call this a pretty straightforward system. The look of the game is great. My only gripe really is that I've yet to experience any substantial difficulties with command and control, which seems to be a big aspect of warfare in this period if you have played m&p.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.