Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Woollins
United Kingdom
West Molesey
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Not a great pic, but I thought I'd share it!

I love the idea of dominion chips, but making a whole set would be super time consuming and still not much good if you need to cycle with it!

Well my solution was quite simple - I made chips of letters and each letter is placed on a randomiser to represent that card!

Obviously there are some issues with things like ruins I didn't make so I can't use every card, but you can just about see the prizes at the bottom of the pic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Swantner
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. So how do you convert your deck to tokens? Keep them in a bag and reach in for a "draw"?
What about situations where you "reveal", but and then put it back to be drawn next? Or where you have to put cards from your hand on top of your deck? I suppose you could keep a stack of put back tokens. There might be other caveats I'm not thinking of as well though.
Still. Interesting idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Woollins
United Kingdom
West Molesey
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, the bag is the deck. If a card is to be placed on top I just leave it face down on the bag.

There are a few cards I haven't converted - I didn't make any ruins for instance so can't play with looters. I had to make 10 extra rats chips for if rats are included and so on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd think just about every card so far will work just fine like this. The first one that comes to mind that would be tricky is Stash, but it's easy enough to ignore that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.