Subject: Creepy Doll & Bite; who is rolling? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Crawford
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Creepy Doll & Bite cards both have the player to your right roll a might 4 attack against you. I generally interpret this as being that the game itself is the thing attacking you; and the player is simply the physical means by which the dice are rolled.. that is; it's not his dice roll.

But a literal reading of the cards would say that he's the one rolling the dice, so it is his dice roll. This matters if he's holding an Angel Feather, or an "It was Meant to be" roll. It could also matter if he's holding a weapon; to be completely literal, he's rolling an attack against you, so he could would roll extra dice for his weapon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gray
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Interesting question. I am thinking that thematically what you say first, that the player to your right is rolling on behalf of the card. That seems to make sense to me. I would think no player activity would be related to the roll for those cards.

However I can see the other point of view being technically accurate too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, it is without player Items and effects for the monster roller.

It is the same as for the Traitor when rolling for his/her monsters, a Spear does not add to each and every monster just because of who rolls the dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.