Popular Tags: [View All]
E r i c k N. B o u c h a r d
Canada
Stoneham
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! A nice premise I'm looking forward to enjoying.

A few questions, please:

1. How many pages has the book?

2. Since there are no rooms, is the characters' progression in the story based solely on chronology on a "Time Track" (ex. 20 days' worth of events before the game ends), or Something else?

3. How replayable is this book? Could it be used for repeated adventures, with different character types?

Which brings me to asking...

4. Is it possible to use hexmaps for this supplement, as a hexcrawl-style game?

Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor J
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Erick, thanks for the interest!

silenceindigo wrote:
1. How many pages has the book?

Total pages, including cover are 29.

silenceindigo wrote:
2. Since there are no rooms, is the characters' progression in the story based solely on chronology on a "Time Track" (ex. 20 days' worth of events before the game ends), or Something else?

Unlike 4AD, there is no grid or hex sheet of finite size to regulate the game time. KoD instead is a series of events and encounters of a variable time length. What helps regulate game length is the background story (growing strength of Mordred's and Morgana's forces) which develops when rolling up certain events. So if the paladin is not fast or successful enough, this background story can bring the game to a climactic end.

silenceindigo wrote:
3. How replayable is this book? Could it be used for repeated adventures, with different character types?

There is no scripting, with the tables the game should be different every time, though the plot line is the same (find the grail!). It is not that easy to win, so the intention is to it play again with a new character until you do

It is meant to be played only with a paladin. There is is lot in the game to do with chivalry and piety, so it is quite specific for a paladin. The paladin can, however, employ retainers (there are 4 different types) during the quest who bring different skills, so you can get quite a bit of variation with these.

silenceindigo wrote:
4. Is it possible to use hexmaps for this supplement, as a hexcrawl-style game?

You could keep a record of the game with a linear map, but there is no backtracking, the paladin is always pushing forward into the unknown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E r i c k N. B o u c h a r d
Canada
Stoneham
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I'll buy it, sounds interesting and brings new ways to play 4AD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.