Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I solitaired the Abrittus scenario last night. Upon setup, it looks pretty grim for the Romans with that huge line of Goth warriors. But the game came down to a surprise Roman win, 6-5, on a cavalry charge that won the Romans their last 2 banners (technically they'd have earned 3, as they also killed a leader on the final combat, but they'd already gotten to 6).

My play saw heavy action on the Roman left and little in the center. The Romans went up early, then fell behind, then came back with the cavalry charge. A very exciting and balanced scenario.

Checking it out on ccancients.net I see that it's recorded as a 50/50 win ratio, so anyone looking for a really balanced and fun scenario should check it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the recommendation!

I'm always looking for balanced Ancients scenarios with terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Abrittus was Round 3 of the 2016 Open Tournament, so there are lots of recorded scores and short AARs for this scenario here
[url]
http://www.commandsandcolors.net/ancients/articles/tournamen...[/url]

It was a very interesting tactical problem scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.