$5.00
$20.00
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was reading the rules of Tuscany Essential Edition on the Stonemaier Game website (https://app.box.com/s/3t1untp7zbz52zcxzzghij1f3ptcqnrv) and in the Drawing Structure Cards on page 7, they mention some places where we will be able to get orange structure cards. Some of these are ok, but other tells me that there is either an error in the rulebook or the new Tuscany Essential board will be different (or the current render of the board on their website is not good).

So does your original Tuscany board look like the render on the Stonemaier website (http://stonemaiergames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/FullSi...) or does it have all the orange card bonuses throughout the board (and with the Lucca region on the influence map). Because all pictures in the current rulebook have anything about orange property cards as per what is explained Drawing Structure Cards on page 7.

EDIT: I have put some links to help people see what I mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the extended board is double-sided. One side has spots for the orange cards for when you a playing with the structures and the other side does not have the orange card spots for when you are not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dhc3po wrote:
I believe the extended board is double-sided. One side has spots for the orange cards for when you a playing with the structures and the other side does not have the orange card spots for when you are not.

AHhhh. That could explain it.

I first thought the double-sided was for English / German as with the Viticulture Essential Edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct, the Tuscany board is double sided. The graphics on the board haven't changed at all; the only difference is that the Tuscany EE board is matte while the original board was glossy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
That's correct, the Tuscany board is double sided. The graphics on the board haven't changed at all; the only difference is that the Tuscany EE board is matte while the original board was glossy.

Thanks Jamey for the confirmation. It was misleading as every pictures of the board in the TEE rules show the non-property cards side. Yo may want to just add the other side of the extended board on your website to prevent other people like me asking.

And thank you very much for this great game. My wife and I really enjoy it and I can't wait to receive my pre-ordered copy of TEE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.