Moscow '41» Forums » Rules

Subject: draw bags kickstarter edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have the kickstarter edition with the draw bags, but I'm not entirely sure of their purpose. Is the idea to put all blocks of a certain army color in there and then draw the designated number by the scenario or campaign game as shown on the OOB's , then continue the process for the other colors and then put all the bocks drawn back into the bags and draw from them at random when buying reinforcements?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, that is right.

From the videos, you can see him using blocks in his hand to draw randomly.

The bags give you a little more 'randomness' to put blocks in, shake them a bit and then draw out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is randomness to some of the set up positions-- like look at Guderian on the German side-- you know three spaces where an armored unit goes but which one goes in which space is random. For the Russians, it's a lot of their set up units.

And after set up, all the reinforcements from both sides can be kept in the bags and drawn as needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kduke wrote:
There is randomness to some of the set up positions-- like look at Guderian on the German side-- you know three spaces where an armored unit goes but which one goes in which space is random. For the Russians, it's a lot of their set up units.

And after set up, all the reinforcements from both sides can be kept in the bags and drawn as needed.

OK, maybe I still need to have a better look at the various OOB's then (so far I've read the rule book once and had a quick look at the OOB's. I'm hoping to try out the Across the Dniepr scenario this week), but I got the impression that one can only receive a certain number of a specific army color?

Well-written rule book, though! My compliments! Many things are clear after reading it once (although I'm sure I will have to refer back to certain sections again) which cannot be said of all rule books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.