Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
N P
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first game was a nail biter as the Allies led most of the game by 4 to 9 points. It wasn't until turn 18 were the Germans finally broke out and took Ukraine and Moscow and the Allies couldn't get them back. This swing caused the Axis to win by about 16 points.

We both took a few minutes to share and talk about the new cards before we started playing. When the allied player saw the LandKruezers card he became so scarred that he determined it would never see the light of day and be enigma'd immediately. Held the enigma card until Landkreuzers was played.

However; with Germany having both Blitzkrieg and Bias for Action in play they were eventually able to ground the Soviet forces to dust.

The US played a pacific strategy, but stalled out in the Philippines. Around turn 16 or 17, after it was too late, they used Theater Shift to go for Europe. China held there own quite well, being destroyed but coming back to life a couple times. Japan got to India and Australia and was making 6-8 points most of the game.

The Free French racked up around 24-26 points for the Allies as the Italians couldn't get any offense going to get to Africa. The Italians did play a lot of status cards to get free points for navies and armies in France, and racked up a lot of point on their own.

Even though the Allies were leading most of the game, they couldn't get situated to use there Economic Warfare cards effectively if at all.

I look forward to switching sides and playing the Allies with this new wonderful expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arrrh Thanks for the report! I just got AH at my FLGS. My pals are itching to try it out, but everyone around here is dispersed for July, so it will be a few weeks at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.