$15.00
$5.00
$20.00
N P
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I have started getting into Mage Knight recently, which led me to examine some of the user files for the game. I was surprised to find some amazing user made additions, including tons of professional looking cards, player mats and scenarios. I will certainly be printing these out in the future, they are that good.

I then wondered. Do other games have this level of detailed and professional user additions?

This lead me to my question.

What is the absolute best user made mods, expansions, additions to any board game you have tried? These can be solely aesthetic or an improvement on the original game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best one was without a doubt Evan Derricks Redesign of Advanced Civilization. https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/86841/civilization-redesi...

Sadly, my copy of it is now redundant, as Mega Civilization is the better game, with worse components.

Firefly: The Game has tons of user created content, as does A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth Tams
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the fan made expansion maps for Brass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
The Great Lakes Map for Age of Industry is not only an excellent addition to the game, turning it into a 2 player game, it might even be the absolute best way to play Age of industry now!

The four fan made maps are available through the geek store, and I advise anyone looking to play Age of Industry to take a look at the reviews for Claude's addition to the game, it's magnificently well done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta mention the two redesigns for Dune. These are pretty far-reaching and comprehensive -- I can't find the specific links right now, but they are in the forums for Dune.

There's been a phenomenal fan-made version of Impulse that I'm dying to have printed, except I've gone through my budget for DIY games right now. (link)
Credit to
Zak Eidsvoog
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
for this one.

Lots of people have made custom Smash Up decks, and some of those are pretty close to manufacturer quality. I've created a roundup of some of my favorite custom decks (disclosure, I designed the graphics for some of these -- not the mechanics) (link)

I've made a sixth player expansion for Sheriff of Nottingham that to me is nearly indistinguishable from the rest of the game (link to download)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

RedJak's Automated Emperor Variant for Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.