Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen a few discussions on here concerning use of Ambush and Light Wounds in Melee battle but am still not completely clear.
Start of melee, inactive player(one unit) plays 2 Ambush cards; active player(one unit) breaks his unit for the first Ambush then breaks it again for the second ambush but plays a Light Wounds card to avoid elimination of his unit and then goes through the Light Wounds effect.
Does this sound correct?
Also, is the active player in this case,allowed to follow up his LW card with his own Ambush card, possibly followed by the inactive player playing his own LW card?
The bit that confuses me is where it states "....the inactive player must perform all of his Actions before the active player may play his first one."

Sorry if this sounds confusing but I have only just bought this game and am trying to go through the rule book and do the tutorial game to help me out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Does this sound correct?"

Yes, I think you have it right.

The active player's 'light wounds' is played in response to the ambush card, and is resolved at that time. The active player's ambush cannot be played until the inactive player has finished playing all melee-specific actions.

The active player's 'light wounds' play does not violate the rule you quote, but it could be a bit confusing.

Welcome Steftymo !!

Chick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply Chick.
The bit that confuses me is where you say "The active player's ambush cannot be played until the inactive player has finished playing all melee-specific actions."
So would the AP ask the IP if he wanted to play any further Ambushes then, if not, proceed to play his Ambush. To which the IP may reply with his LW?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have it.

IP: Ambush
AP: break a unit
IP: Ambush
AP: break a unit -- wait! Light Wounds!
IP: "I'm done"
AP: Ambush
IP: break a unit (Light Wounds possible)
AP: "I'm done"
Count up the factors.
IP: Roll for Melee attack
Resolve any Events
Gods of War: Event in which there is an Airstrike.....since the IP rolled poorly and the random hex is closest to the melee hex ... so the IP elects to break all the units in that hex (pretty sure it is a "May" break). Entire hex is killed (as they are all broken to start with)
End of Melee!!!

Er, I mean if there are Events they happen here.....
AP: Roll for Melee attack
Resolve any Events
Resolve AP and IP Melee roll results.
End of Melee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan,

The thing to remember with "actions" is they can not be played until the condition on the card is met. For Light Wounds the condition is, "a unit that is about to break." So, the active player could play Light Wound actions in response to his units breaking. Then he in turn would play his own ambush cards and in response the inactive player could play light wounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all. I think it may have clicked now. I was thinking that where it said in rules(A25)"..IP must play all his Ambushes before AP may play one",that the IP had to play them all in one go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.