Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Haldeman
United States
Staten Island
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So when a player plays a new hand token and the draw pile has <4 cards: I get it that the recently constructed tile cards must be added to the discard and all shuffled--however: do the 4 discarded cards get shuffled in as well? What if I played a new hand token, there was only one card in the draw pile, if I shuffle in my four discarded cards, I could theoretically draw them back in my hand. That doesn't seem right. Rules do not explicitly discuss new hand token with a re-shuffle procedure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
it doesn't seem right, but it is!

Alas you do shuffle the hand back in. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Beurivé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rules are very clear. You discard all 4 cards, then draw 4 new cards. You could do so in the conditions you describe (requiring shuffle), but that would be a pretty bad move.

Hi Steph! Always around when it comes to Ginkgopolis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
tonybi wrote:
The rules are very clear. You discard all 4 cards, then draw 4 new cards. You could do so in the conditions you describe (requiring shuffle), but that would be a pretty bad move.

Hi Steph! Always around when it comes to Ginkgopolis. ;)

Hi Tony!

I think YOU are TOO, also always around when it comes to Gink! I should get back to BAJ sometime soon for a game ;)

I don't think it is a bad move at all to reshuffle your hand back in all the new delicious cards you could pull... It is a glorious thing! You just run the risk of pulling your cards back! The game is some luck and it is genius! Take a chance. I think it is the most ideal time to draw cards on the reshuffle. But, perhaps that is me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Beurivé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You're partially right, of course. It depends on the number of cards that will be reshuffled. It would be a bad move only if the probability to pull your old cards back was beyond some (subjective?) threshold.

Maybe one day I will spend some more time on BàJ. I already gave it many many hours. And you gave it even more. So maybe just not right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.