Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Haldeman
United States
Staten Island
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So when a player plays a new hand token and the draw pile has <4 cards: I get it that the recently constructed tile cards must be added to the discard and all shuffled--however: do the 4 discarded cards get shuffled in as well? What if I played a new hand token, there was only one card in the draw pile, if I shuffle in my four discarded cards, I could theoretically draw them back in my hand. That doesn't seem right. Rules do not explicitly discuss new hand token with a re-shuffle procedure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
it doesn't seem right, but it is!

Alas you do shuffle the hand back in. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Beurivé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rules are very clear. You discard all 4 cards, then draw 4 new cards. You could do so in the conditions you describe (requiring shuffle), but that would be a pretty bad move.

Hi Steph! Always around when it comes to Ginkgopolis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
tonybi wrote:
The rules are very clear. You discard all 4 cards, then draw 4 new cards. You could do so in the conditions you describe (requiring shuffle), but that would be a pretty bad move.

Hi Steph! Always around when it comes to Ginkgopolis. ;)

Hi Tony!

I think YOU are TOO, also always around when it comes to Gink! I should get back to BAJ sometime soon for a game ;)

I don't think it is a bad move at all to reshuffle your hand back in all the new delicious cards you could pull... It is a glorious thing! You just run the risk of pulling your cards back! The game is some luck and it is genius! Take a chance. I think it is the most ideal time to draw cards on the reshuffle. But, perhaps that is me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Beurivé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You're partially right, of course. It depends on the number of cards that will be reshuffled. It would be a bad move only if the probability to pull your old cards back was beyond some (subjective?) threshold.

Maybe one day I will spend some more time on BàJ. I already gave it many many hours. And you gave it even more. So maybe just not right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.