Subject: Playing Long Distance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Smothermon
United States
Lodi
CA
flag msg tools
Have been playing Mage Knight with my daughter who lives in another state. I run the board and we video turns. Has worked great. Lots of fun. Any other game suggestions that would work similarly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Arnold
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you play it co-op or competitive? If co-op, I would imagine Darkest Night or A Touch Of Evil would work too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smothermon
United States
Lodi
CA
flag msg tools
Play both, but mostly competitive. Thanks for recommendation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People have played entire tournaments of Magic Realm in this way.

Really, any game without great deals of hidden information should work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use Vassal to play Mage Knight. It takes a bit of fiddling to figure everything out, but it works well if you both have computers. I play online, but you can even play by email, sending your saved game back and forth.

The main drawback is that you cannot play with expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kuehl
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
logris wrote:
You can use Vassal, with the approved Vassal Mage Knight module. It takes a bit of fiddling to figure everything out, but it works well if you both have computers. I play online, but you can even play by email, sending your saved game back and forth.

The main drawback is that you cannot play with expansions - the expansions are not approved (nor ever will be, from what I understand).

There is a phenomenal version of the Vassal module with all expansions included available from its current developer. Shoot him a geekmail to get the file.

Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.