Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan McNamara
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it has been that long. Time for a new thread asking "So what's the deal with the update kit?!"

I want to get TL back on my table but without the updates it doesn't compare to TAL. I've played enough TAL and I want my German tank combat!

Any news, from anywhere? I see sporadic new game info from Dan on Facebook, but I generally avoid using Facebook. No Tiger Leader info for quite some time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just found a good priced copy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan McNamara
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
general hoth wrote:
I have just found a good priced copy

What's that? I am inquiring about the "Update Kit". Tiger Leader was released in a state that most players regard as incomplete, or unrefined. DVG promised to print an update kit to fix the glaring issues as well as some bugs in the printed media.

Originally this was attached to the printing of Sherman Leader. We have not had any official updates for quite some time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Switalski
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asmodeos wrote:
Yep, it has been that long. Time for a new thread asking "So what's the deal with the update kit?!"

I want to get TL back on my table but without the updates it doesn't compare to TAL. I've played enough TAL and I want my German tank combat!

You should try GMT's Panzer...my copy just arrived...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fike
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Almost August - New Update Kit Threadn
This thread should be renamed to "please don't bother reading the OP and just respond with something completely irrational.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brown
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I feel like they've said definitively that the update kit will come out when Sherman Leader comes out; I'm not expecting any more official updates until Sherman Leader gets on Kickstarter/preorder. They put out the update files so you could print and play your own update kit in the meantime.

If you're instead asking if anything has changed with the updates in awhile, I think that answer is no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Switalski
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Granger44 wrote:
I guess I feel like they've said definitively that the update kit will come out when Sherman Leader comes out; I'm not expecting any more official updates until Sherman Leader gets on Kickstarter/preorder. They put out the update files so you could print and play your own update kit in the meantime.

If you're instead asking if anything has changed with the updates in awhile, I think that answer is no.

Yes...I agree...move on! Find another game and play it! The update kit will be out eventually. It took GMT two years to update Won by the Sword so I do not think DVG will do better with TL. Im sure you guys have games on your shelf/shelves that are unopened...so, crack them open, play and enjoy! TL update should be ready by 2018.

H

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SchizoCat1 SchizoCat1
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Gotta agree with Hubert. I have tons of unplayed games so I might as well be patient while DVG produces new games and quietly ignores this disaster. I didn't buy a DTP game so TL gathers dust while I ponder whether I will ever buy another DVG game. This is really unacceptable.

I just got my copy of Panzer, which actually looks complete and playable. Also playing D Day at Peleliu, which is an interesting cup of tea. And there's always EOTS.

I look forward to receiving my TL update kit sometime after the 2020 election. Maybe by that time GMT will have published all the games on the P500 Made The Cut list. Anyway, one can hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In case it helps any this topic, what is going on, release schedules, etc.. was already covered recently on this thread,

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1600934/oh-brother

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS Wargaming Store
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SchizoCat1 SchizoCat1
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
2018 or 2118?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
MichaelNeubauer wrote:
2018 or 2118?

Maybe sooner, Michael - As Sherman Leader's Kickstarter is apparently going to get itself a Kickstarter alongside Israeli Air Force Leader.

You can read more about it here.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1645738/coming-soon-kicksta...

And also in that thread, that'll serve as proof enough that NOT ALL of the new Leader titles are TAL clones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Sherman Leader Kickstarter doesn't reach its goal, will DVG still publish an update kit for Tiger Leader?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Good question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Note, this is not an official reply. I would figure DVG would print the update kit even IF Sherman did not succeed with the KS campaign.

Now my personal take on the direction of the series.. after being sent the DVG edited draft for my personal perspective as to how well the updated system and units fit in with the extensive work I did on the update kit I think Sherman Leader will show a major improvement over the original launch of Tiger Leader. With the printed update kit being published at the same time as Sherman Leader both games will have all of the improvements made to the combat system so players can easily move from one to the other.

I sent over a range of suggestions regarding SL including adding some units that were not already included and some simple but refined variants of the M4 to show various modifications and improvements to the series as a campaign, and the war, progresses.

Overall, IMHO, I think Sherman Leader will be a major step up from the original Tiger Leader and Dan at DVG has made it a priority to push the entire series in a positive direction by listening to a range of ideas, and reading player feedback, from both Rick Martin and myself and putting those ideas into a concept that follows the DVG game design priorities.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS Wargaming Store
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
NWS Online Store wrote:
Note, this is not an official reply. I would figure DVG would print the update kit even IF Sherman did not succeed with the KS campaign.

Now my personal take on the direction of the series.. after being sent the DVG edited draft for my personal perspective as to how well the updated system and units fit in with the extensive work I did on the update kit I think Sherman Leader will show a major improvement over the original launch of Tiger Leader. With the printed update kit being published at the same time as Sherman Leader both games will have all of the improvements made to the combat system so players can easily move from one to the other.

I sent over a range of suggestions regarding SL including adding some units that were not already included and some simple but refined variants of the M4 to show various modifications and improvements to the series as a campaign, and the war, progresses.

Overall, IMHO, I think Sherman Leader will be a major step up from the original Tiger Leader and Dan at DVG has made it a priority to push the entire series in a positive direction by listening to a range of ideas, and reading player feedback, from both Rick Martin and myself and putting those ideas into a concept that follows the DVG game design priorities.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS Wargaming Store

I hope Rick Martin can also make it so we can play as the USMC and British forces plus some Pacific Campaigns as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
grandvp124_seraph wrote:

I hope Rick Martin can also make it so we can play as the USMC and British forces plus some Pacific Campaigns as well!

Yes, the Pacific is included.. British are not, they would be part of a "Cromwell" type leader game. (My suggestion for the name when it gets to that point). I did recommend to DVG to include the LVT series (which I offered stats for) which would have been more prominent then the M3 Halftracks for amphibious operations.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS Wargaming Store
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
And I assume the Kickstarter's gonna be for December?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.