Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Daker
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The FFG home page currently has a "MoM 2e" banner in rotation! It's clearly a mistake, since when you click it gives a 404 message. But this must mean an announcement is coming soon, maybe even later today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Daker
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And now it's already gone. But I swear on all that is holy, it was there! I saw it with these very eyes! Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Rodger
Scotland
Inverness
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw it too...cthulhu clearly sending dreams and visions out again....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the video FFG just posted to YouTube it is app driver and fully coop.

I really hope that the app can be used with 1st edition and convert it like Descent did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWNyDHQUcMQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rlphay wrote:
Based on the video FFG just posted to YouTube it is app driver and fully coop.

I really hope that the app can be used with 1st edition and convert it like Descent did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWNyDHQUcMQ

Wow! That looks cool. The box in the video says it's designed by Nikki Valens and based on designs by Corey Konieczka.

Very interesting. I was hoping that if they did a second edition, they would utilize an app for full co-op. Considering the success of "Road to Legend" it seemed like an obvious move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And now it's officially on their front page and banner!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Daker
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Officially announced -- and available NEXT THURSDAY!!!!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/25/mansion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vlad Povlad
msg tools
This is not a second edition I wanted. Just app with a small number of components. Almost like they did in Descent, but there they did not declare this third edition.

But OK, we'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent catch. They've been slowly phasing out the 1st edition of MoM and I've been hoping that this was the reason.

I think they've done an excellent job with Descent: The Road to Legend and I'm glad this will use an app. It could lead to some really cool gameplay possibilities if they get creative with it.

Here's to hoping it comes out fairly soon!

Edit - Oh it's coming out next week LOL. I guess that constitutions as fairly soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fully co-op!?!
Time to explore the mansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, its lovelly

Waiting for the reprint arrive and surprise, Second edition !!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
This might help concerning conversion from 1st Edition MoM.

Mansions of Madness Second Edition
Frequently Asked Questions
Quote:
Frequently Asked Questions

What’s new in the Second Edition?

Mansions of Madness Second Edition is now guided by a companion app that removes the need for a Keeper player, makes for a fully cooperative game, allows for single player gaming, and makes setup quick and easy.

Can I combine this with my first edition of Mansions of Madness?

Mansions of Madness Second Edition includes a conversion kit, which is designed to incorporate your first edition Mansions of Madness investigator figures, monster figures, and map tiles into the game. These additional components will significantly expand the app’s choices when generating maps and monsters, as well as the set of investigators from which you can choose.

Can I play the game without the app?

No. Because the app is in integral part of gameplay, and generates each scenario and all of the game’s tiles and events, you cannot play Mansions of Madness Second Edition without the app.

Where can I download the app?

The app will be available for iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows. You will be able to download it from the AppleiOS AppStore™, the Google Play™ store, or the Amazon Appstore. It will also be available for Mac and PC on Steam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife isn't happy. She liked playing as the keeper and doesn't like being replaced by an app... devilgoo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Hammons
United States
Santa Monica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I loved playing keeper (much more than OL in Descent), but I'm still excited for new scenarios. I hope there's lots of plastic in there because $99 msrp for four scenarios is a lot.

Who am I kidding, I'll still buy it. I wonder how replayable each scenario really is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the way that I see it is you are better off to have the 1st edition and the upgrade kit. Then if you want to play with a Keeper you can or go full on coop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Christensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, seems weird to call this game Mansion of Madness 2nd edition when it is a completely different style of game. Not sure why they didn't just improve on the original game (and there were a lot of ways to improve it) instead of taking a competitive game and turning it into a co-op one. I guess co-op is hot right now and 1vmany not so much.

I still haven't figured out these app based games though. With how much stuff the app is running and all the stuff that is behind the scenes I think I would prefer it if it was 100% app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
There is some more info on the product site if you click on "Read more":

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/mansions-of-madness-se...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting indeed. Following this one very closely. Although part of me is sad that the Keeper is gone. I really did enjoy torturing my fellow players devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would make this a much better 2 play game though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh... an App driven game. Unless they plan on making it playable without the app... pass.

Sorry, but I don't like the idea of depending on an app to be able to play your game. What happens when you tablet is out of commission? 25 years from now I'll still be able to play Mansions of Madness. Can the same be said for this new version that needs an App?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Buffing
Netherlands
Almere
Flevoland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian T wrote:
Ugh... an App driven game. Unless they plan on making it playable without the app... pass.

Sorry, but I don't like the idea of depending on an app to be able to play your game. What happens when you tablet is out of commission? 25 years from now I'll still be able to play Mansions of Madness. Can the same be said for this new version that needs an App?

Yes? People still play games from 20 years ago on PC so there is no reason you will not be able to, unless you decide not to by getting rid of all your laptops and desktops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
Coming soon: Peak Oil!
badge
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
Brian T wrote:
I don't like the idea of depending on an app to be able to play your game. What happens when you tablet is out of commission? 25 years from now I'll still be able to play Mansions of Madness. Can the same be said for this new version that needs an App?

Meh, whole heartedly agree. Looks like no "app-free" play mode is planned for. Do not count me in on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Martin
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only part about this that bothers me is that this very likely means there will never be a Forbidden Alchemy or Call of the Wild reprint. Thats a shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sooo excited for this! My boyfriend loved playing as the Keeper but I'll be real, he's not very good at it. This will give our gaming group a chance to all work together.

And I *love* that they are bringing a Conversion Kit as well. I don't know what I'd do without my Carolyn Fern. The only thing is that the new investigators have molded bases and the OCD side of me would go crazy seeing a mixture of old & new minis on the table. Whatevs, I'll deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
darkstrelok wrote:
This is not a second edition I wanted. Just app with a small number of components. Almost like they did in Descent, but there they did not declare this third edition.

But OK, we'll see.

What makes you think it's only a small number of components?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.