Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francesco T
Italy
Lecce - Bari
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
I have an idea and I was wondering if anyone is interested in realizing it.

Some games like Dr. Eureka and Bicchierini Sprint are based on permutations, but permutations printed on the cards are just a small part of all the possible permutations.

So I want to know if anybody is interested in realizing an app that makes permutations, showing an image of the permutation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
omnigod wrote:
Hi guys,
I have an idea and I was wondering if anyone is interested in realizing it.

Some games like Dr. Eureka and Bicchierini Sprint are based on permutations, but permutations printed on the cards are just a small part of all the possible permutations.

So I want to know if anybody is interested in realizing an app that makes permutations, showing an image of the permutation.
If you allow for customizations of the items, including text, numbers, and color, I'd use that app for multiple applications. A feature to save multiple variable sets would be very nice too.

Pete (has one on his phone right now but it is text only and doesn't save old sets)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
My group has been working on an app to replace a paragraph book (ala Arabian Nights) where it crafts the sentences and paragraphs within the linguistic framework, yet the final generated wording is not identifiable as being a specific paragraph. It prevents a paragraph book from being 250,000 pages long, by parsing the language on the fly.

We've been on it for 3 years. No end in sight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco T
Italy
Lecce - Bari
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the idea is that if you add the images of the things that are used in the game, the app should generate an image of the permutation. For example in bicchierini sprint (published by giochi unit) there are 5 plastic cups, it would be nice if using the images of the cups the app generates an image of the five cups.

I'm not a programmer, so I really don't know how it could be done .. It's just an idea whistle

PS: sorry for bad English, pls highlight and correct my mistakes so I can improve my English.
PPS: I don't know if this is the right section for this tread, however I didn't find a section for the apps...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
omnigod wrote:
Yes, the idea is that if you add the images of the things that are used in the game, the app should generate an image of the permutation. For example in bicchierini sprint (published by giochi unit) there are 5 plastic cups, it would be nice if using the images of the cups the app generates an image of the five cups.

I'm not a programmer, so I really song know how it could be done .. It's just an idea whistle

PS: sorry for bad English, pls highlight and correct my mistakes so I can improve my English.
PPS: I don't know if this is the right section for this tread, however I didn't find a section for the apps...
Oooh, nice touch.

Pete (never even conceived of taking pictures and using those)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
I wrote nanDECK and BGG1tool
mbmbmbmbmb
nanDECK doesn't run on Android/iOS, only on Windows, but it has a permutation engine, for example, this script creates all the 120 permutations of five colored cups:

;create a sequence with all the permutations of five elements
P[seq]5=a|b|c|d|e
;create a range from 1 to the length of the sequence
[all]=1-{(seq)}
;associate each letter with an image
ICON=[all],a,"red.png"
ICON=[all],b,"yellow.png"
ICON=[all],c,"green.png"
ICON=[all],d,"blue.png"
ICON=[all],e,"black.png"
;draw the sequence on each card
ICONS=[all],[seq],0,0,100%,101%,20%,20%,0,PV

This is the first page (of fourteen):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco T
Italy
Lecce - Bari
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, something like that!
I know I could count on you Nand
Just one thing: it looks like that the results are ordered (red is always first and the cups at the bottom switch places) there is a way to orderd them randomly?

For Dr. Eureka it's a little different, because there are 6 balls of 3 colours and 3 holders, that can hold from 0 to 4 balls...whistle

Also when I come back home I could help with the design and with some other ideas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
I wrote nanDECK and BGG1tool
mbmbmbmbmb
omnigod wrote:
Yes, something like that!
I know I could count on you Nand
Just one thing: it looks like that the results are ordered (red is always first and the cups at the bottom switch places) there is a way to orderd them randomly?

Yes, when you create the sequence, if you put a N flag it will randomize the order of the result:

PN[seq]5=a|b|c|d|e

omnigod wrote:
For Dr. Eureka it's a little different, because there are 6 balls of 3 colours and 3 holders, that can hold from 0 to 4 balls...whistle

Hum, a different approach:

cardsize=9,6
PN[seq]6=a|a|b|b|c|c
for=a,0,2
counter=1,b,d5-1
if={b}<>0
for=c,1,{b}
if={{seq?1}:e,1}=a
ellipse=1,a*3+1,5-c,1,1,#EA603C
endif
if={{seq?1}:e,1}=b
ellipse=1,a*3+1,5-c,1,1,#906099
endif
if={{seq?1}:e,1}=c
ellipse=1,a*3+1,5-c,1,1,#AFC560
endif
counter=1,e,e+1
next
endif
next

omnigod wrote:
Also when I come back home I could help with the design and with some other ideas

Sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.