Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed in the board game news:

W. Eric Martin wrote:
• On Facebook, artist Pascal Quidault has shared cover artwork for "the new edition of game Sherlock Holmes, published soon by Space Cowboys". Ystari's Cyril Demaegd is a member of Space Cowboys, so the transition of this title from one publisher to the other is not surprising.

So, does this mean Space Cowboys will hold exclusive publishing rights, and -- if so -- does this change anything in regards to the English language release of the expansion content?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As of 6 July 2016, ystari had this to say on their blog.
Quote:
Hi,
Yes in the UK.
We will be in Essen, but we are not sure that the new EN box will be released (around October). Thanks.

The implication is that they still have the game and are publishing a new English language version. From earlier comments, the will be an extra 10 cases. Not the original 10.

http://www.ystari.com/sherlock-holmes-reprinted/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, wait, there will be TWO NEW editions by different companies now!?

As a consumer I'm really confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ystari have just released the second edition of the 2011 version, correcting (amongst others) the case 3 errors.

Later this year, Space Cowboys will release 10 new cases in a new style of box. After that, the effective third edition of the 2011 version will be released with a matching style of box.

Seems like an odd decision, admittedly. I don't own this game yet but I'm definitely holding out for the Space Cowboys version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel B
France
Paris
flag msg tools
I'm just a villager! Believe me!
mbmbmbmbmb
What I justed posted here might shed some light on this matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.