Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Ascension: Apprentice Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Is this set a good idea as an expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hi, I have one set of Ascension, Dreamscape, I was thinking about buying something to increase the variety, but was afraid of diluting the special dream aspect too much, looking at the number of cards in this set it seems to be good idea, can anyone weigh in on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Gagnon
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about the apprentice pack but maybe this link might be of use to you:

https://ascensiongame.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15038
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B-Rad
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In terms of sheer numbers for the main portal deck, you are correct...this would add to the variety without diluting the set too much. Where this could become a problem is the potential difference in card backs/frames (whether or not you could tell a set apart by the difference in the printing tone of its card backs), though I think they are supposed to be identical with sets published after the Apprentice Edition. Someone from StoneBlade would be able to answer this question a littler better. In my humble opinion, the Apprentice Edition could expand the deck without adding in major-crazy effects, so I'd say go for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B-Rad
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patgagnon wrote:
Not sure about the apprentice pack but maybe this link might be of use to you:

https://ascensiongame.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15038

This looks like a very interesting build, and it has the potential to give more variety (based on the combinations you decide to use) through having a much larger portal deck to sift through. I like it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deeth82 wrote:
In terms of sheer numbers for the main portal deck, you are correct...this would add to the variety without diluting the set too much. Where this could become a problem is the potential difference in card backs/frames (whether or not you could tell a set apart by the difference in the printing tone of its card backs), though I think they are supposed to be identical with sets published after the Apprentice Edition. Someone from StoneBlade would be able to answer this question a littler better. In my humble opinion, the Apprentice Edition could expand the deck without adding in major-crazy effects, so I'd say go for it.

Thanks! It is rather cheap so I'll risk the card backs and see
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.