Popular Tags: [View All]
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are in the midst of our first campaign, core box only, and I'm wondering if I've missed something about endeavors. It just doesn't seem like there are very many options for spending them.

We just finished LY 4 (so we fought the butcher, which was not pretty). The only buildings we have are Lantern Hoard, Skinnery, Organ Grinder, Bone Smith, and Catarium. The endeavor opportunities I see are (1) innovate, or the bottom ability on the revised Lantern Hoard (but we don't have Symposium yet), (2) build a weapon crafter, leather worker, or stone circle, (3) use the augury on Organ Grinder... and that's it?

We don't have any gear with endeavor opportunities, nor do we have any innovations with endeavor opportunities (except maybe the bloodletting? can't recall). I assume some events may have opportunities, but we haven't seen any.

So, what do people do with all of those endeavors? After our Butcher massacre, we came back to camp with 9 endeavors to spend, and zero resources (thanks to the Butcher). We decided to just use the augury 9 times, but that seemed weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Augury seems to take up the most endeavors for my campaigns, but more innovations add endeavor options as well. There are several events that use them, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevenson Junior
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Augury is very important. You will need those people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, auguries and innovations are the most common.

Later on,
Spoiler (click to reveal)
drums, nightmare training, shrine, smelting

are also common and valuable ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panwuan Panwuan
msg tools
mbmb
In LY 4.. your endeavour options are indeed limited. in a few years, combination of settlement events, scripted events, inovations, other stufff..... you will be endeavor starved. Keep playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
And Leathermaking, and also trying to extract that damn Guidepost (!) and some Bloodletting or other Endeavors for "free" insanity. And, don't forget to use the patched Lantern Hoard for the Share Experience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, everyone! It's nice to confirm we're on the right track. The Butcher encounter kind of threw us all for a loop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.