Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

The Manhattan Project: Chain Reaction» Forums » General

Subject: Deluxe Version vs. Regular Box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my KS copy and I have a Deluxe box and what seems to be the same thing in a smaller box.

I don't want to open the smaller one unless it is different. Am I correct that the difference is just a nice box?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe only the Deluxe version has the wooden resource bits, but it is possible I am misunderstanding your question
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kienan Trandem
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
From the Kickstarter page:

"The deluxe version will come in a telescoping two part box and has all the stuff from the standard version, plus these optional but handy wooden bits:

25 Yellow-cake wooden cubes
25 Uranium wooden disks"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
3dicebombers wrote:
I believe only the Deluxe version has the wooden resource bits, but it is possible I am misunderstanding your question


I was more thinking about the other box. I didn't want to open it if it was the exact same thing.

I had set the wooden bits aside just before that. (You wouldn't wonder why if you saw my home office and all the stuff in progress.)

ktrandem wrote:
From the Kickstarter page:

"The deluxe version will come in a telescoping two part box and has all the stuff from the standard version, plus these optional but handy wooden bits:

25 Yellow-cake wooden cubes
25 Uranium wooden disks"


Thanks. I had forgotten about the bits and had set those just a bit aside.

I will keep the smaller box in shrinkwrap so I can trade or gift it to someone later.

I do appreciate that the deluxe box holds all the cards when sleeved and the wooden bits in their small bags. That is a pleasant surprise other KS campaigns could learn from!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Zarate-Sanderlin
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
A man, a plan, a canal, Panama!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the telescoping box? I see it in the description though I don't seem to have gotten one with my deluxe KS copy unless "telescoping" means "box with lid" as opposed to tuck box.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the box with the lid. It 'telescopes' apparently. But that's what they're called. I used to think tuck boxes were something special. But nope, just a standard deck of cards box.

@OP Did you pledge for two copies? A standard and deluxe version?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Braffe wrote:
It's the box with the lid. It 'telescopes' apparently. But that's what they're called. I used to think tuck boxes were something special. But nope, just a standard deck of cards box.

@OP Did you pledge for two copies? A standard and deluxe version?


I thought I only pledged for the deluxe version, but I now have both it seems.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
Braffe wrote:
It's the box with the lid. It 'telescopes' apparently. But that's what they're called. I used to think tuck boxes were something special. But nope, just a standard deck of cards box.

@OP Did you pledge for two copies? A standard and deluxe version?


I thought I only pledged for the deluxe version, but I now have both it seems.


And another copy that came in a week or so ago (when I was away from home). I now have 2 deluxe base games and the smaller pack of cards version. I wonder if someone is missing their game?

I just checked my pledge and it was "only" $40. The deluxe version I got early has a signature inside the box, which seems like what I paid for. Not sure that was worth it, but I think I just wanted the deluxe, not the signature. Tough to remember what I was thinking that far back at this point, one of the challenges of KS.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kendl
United States
Hartford
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had reports of people receiving multiple copies. We aren't sure what happened but it was hectic while packing boxes. It looks like we shipped out extras instead of misshipping some. But let us know on KS if you haven't received your package in the US yet.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgeOP wrote:
We've had reports of people receiving multiple copies. We aren't sure what happened but it was hectic while packing boxes. It looks like we shipped out extras instead of misshipping some. But let us know on KS if you haven't received your package in the US yet.


Hopefully you still made enough to be profitable.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.