Subject: Deadly Crossfire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some options to make the game harder already, but how about adding a whole extra scene to the end of the Crossfire mission?

Great Risk.

The 4th scene is essentially the same as the 3rd scene. Which means (# of Runners) + 2 Obstacles. But quite a few (possibly all) of those will be hard Obstacles this time.

Great Reward.

If you make it, you gain twice the usual Karma reward (before deductions for the current experience level) for the mission.

It's your choice.

When you are at the end of scene 3, you can choose to either end the run as normal (normal rewards and all that), or continue into the 4th scene (as above).

"We have what we came for, so let's make a run for it."

"But didn't you see those notes about the prototypes. If we could snatch those..."

"You are not seriously thinking about going back in, are you!?"

"Well, they are worth quite a lot to the right buyer."

*sigh* "I know I'm going to regret this..."

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like this idea...gives the runners the ability to (potentially) use their good Black Market cards again.

Have you tried this yet? How has it worked for you in practice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Havn't tried it yet, no.

It was born out of the observation, that occasionally, you do have a pretty good situation at the end of scene 3 and could have done quite a bit more. But because of the swinginess of the game, with Crossfire events and Obstacles potentially making things much harder for you, you won't be able to tell before you are there. Sometimes you barely make it out.

Hence the idea of the "press it further" approach, which allows you to get some extra reward for a run that worked smoothly by taking that extra risk (it could still very much fail, thus giving you nothing, of course).

It also offers an incentive of not just "wasting" all your resources as you won't need them, anymore, but trying to get past as efficiently as possible.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
Would this variant allow for an abort run, do you think? Or are you gambling it all, and if you go critical you are done? Thematically, I could see that there is no way out but to get through to the end. If you are stopped, then there is no karma reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Abort should still be possible, I think.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried it once today, when I was at a point after scene 3, that seemed alright (3 health on both runners and a decent hand for both of them), at Crossfire Level 3. It seemed doable, but didn't quite work out (i.e. Abort).

It's definitely quite hard and only worth a shot, when you managed to get to the end of scene 3 with substantial assets left.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.