Subject: Versatile Actor - Genre for Reruns / Archives rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Tieman
United States
Panorama City
California
flag msg tools
When the player uses the Versatile Actor effect, pay $3M to switch the show's Genre to one of your choice, does this continue when the show moves into Reruns, then Archives?
If 'Yes', should the Star Card stay attached to the show as a marker?
If 'No' (the show reverts to its Original Genre) ...
1. If, for example, I had 3 of the same Genre & had received benefits having used the VA effect, but now have only 2 of that Genre once it moved into reruns, can I reclaim the benefits of having 3 of the same Genre by playing another show of that type?
2. Similarly, by moving the VA-affected show to Reruns & shifting to a different Genre, would I immediately claim the Genre Bonus if it is now my 3rd or 5th of that type?

My wife & I very much enjoy the game, having each won one.
This situation came up during our 2nd session.
We played that it reverted back to it's original Genre.
We decided you could not 'Double Dip' & claim the Genre Bonus for a 3rd or a 5th twice for the same genre.
We did play that it could trigger a Genre Bonus by moving it into Reruns & having it provide the 3rd or 5th of that Genre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nameit23 wrote:
When the player uses the Versatile Actor effect, pay $3M to switch the show's Genre to one of your choice, does this continue when the show moves into Reruns, then Archives?

No. When you cancel that Show, the Star gets discarded as normal, which means the show no longer enjoys its effect. The Show's genre will remain what's printed on the card.

Quote:
1. If, for example, I had 3 of the same Genre & had received benefits having used the VA effect, but now have only 2 of that Genre once it moved into reruns, can I reclaim the benefits of having 3 of the same Genre by playing another show of that type?

Yes, you may double-dip.

Quote:
2. Similarly, by moving the VA-affected show to Reruns & shifting to a different Genre, would I immediately claim the Genre Bonus if it is now my 3rd or 5th of that type?

Once the VA is discarded off a canceled show, it has no effect on the game, and all shows will remain their printed genres. You could still get a new genre bonus this way, though.

I hope this makes sense. Glad you're enjoying the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.