Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » GeekBay

Subject: Geekgold auctions closed. Where to post now? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

I'm pretty new to the site and am trying to get some geek gold in bulk. I had an auction for $10USD via paypal, but there was some sort of bug so they closed the system down. Any idea where I could do such an auction or sale now?

Thanks all.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
seejay wrote:
I had an auction for $10USD via paypal, but there was some sort of bug so they closed the system down.

As I write, your auction comes up fine on my system, showing a current bid of 551 GG and a button to click if I wanted to bid.

Oddly enough, your auction is the only one currently active.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Quallen
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little late to the party, but I don't even see a link to the 'Auctions' main page in the Bazaar menu list.

Chris, you say 'they closed the system down.' Where did you hear about this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SSJGQ wrote:
I'm a little late to the party, but I don't even see a link to the 'Auctions' main page in the Bazaar menu list.

Chris, you say 'they closed the system down.' Where did you hear about this?


Indeed. The link is no longer where it used to be.

Maybe the second poster was using a different link, and they just closed the link to it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
SSJGQ wrote:
I'm a little late to the party, but I don't even see a link to the 'Auctions' main page in the Bazaar menu list.

Chris, you say 'they closed the system down.' Where did you hear about this?


Indeed. The link is no longer where it used to be.

Maybe the second poster was using a different link, and they just closed the link to it?


maybe it is a caching issue. i checked earlier and it was there. on a different device it is not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
hestiansun wrote:
SSJGQ wrote:
I'm a little late to the party, but I don't even see a link to the 'Auctions' main page in the Bazaar menu list.

Chris, you say 'they closed the system down.' Where did you hear about this?


Indeed. The link is no longer where it used to be.

Maybe the second poster was using a different link, and they just closed the link to it?


maybe it is a caching issue. i checked earlier and it was there. on a different device it is not.

It can't be a caching issue, I'd never loaded or even looked for the link before trying to assist the OP. At this time, however, the link to auctions in the Bazaar drop-down isn't there for me either.... perhaps that section of BGG is being "upgraded" to the new system interface?




 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
seejay wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm pretty new to the site and am trying to get some geek gold in bulk. I had an auction for $10USD via paypal, but there was some sort of bug so they closed the system down. Any idea where I could do such an auction or sale now?

Thanks all.

I'd love to hear if/when these come back... Following.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dubya
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I know where you live, and I've seen where you sleep. I swear to everything holy that your mothers will CRY when they see what I've done to you.
badge
This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the page linked in my Quickbar, and this is what it says when I pull it up:
Quote:
The old GeekAuction system has been retired. It will return in another form in the future.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Unceremoniously removed from my front page layout...

I hope they bring it back with auction functionality in place so that Geekgold auctions can finally be automated instead of run through a geeklist.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just noticed that they were gone, here's hoping they come back soon with more functionality, but I'm not holding my breath.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.