Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Arn
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that some of you have the minercreations box insert. I was hoping those that have it may be able to answer a few questions:

1) The veneer dividers - do they come preprinted with the text you see in the photos on their website? If so, are there labeled dividers for the current expansions? How about the upcoming lantern festival?

2) Will the version with the additional monster tray be enough to hold all the enemies - including the expansions? Are the miniatures well protected in this solution?

3) Is there enough space in the game box such that - with the use of this product - everything will fit? If not how are you storing things (meaning, what stuff do you keep outside of the core box)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greysbull
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The veneer dividers do include dividers for the current expansions. Any future expansions (including Lantern Festival) will hopefully be handled through an add-on veneer divider.

2) The additional monster tray is used to hold all the expansion CARDS in the Kingdom Death Monster box. There's no way to hold any of the assembled miniatures inside of the box.

3) The box insert with the additional monster tray will hold every card, dice and counter in the box for the base game and current expansions. The manuals will not fit, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
astroarn wrote:
I know that some of you have the minercreations box insert. I was hoping those that have it may be able to answer a few questions:

1) The veneer dividers - do they come preprinted with the text you see in the photos on their website? If so, are there labeled dividers for the current expansions? How about the upcoming lantern festival?

2) Will the version with the additional monster tray be enough to hold all the enemies - including the expansions? Are the miniatures well protected in this solution?

3) Is there enough space in the game box such that - with the use of this product - everything will fit? If not how are you storing things (meaning, what stuff do you keep outside of the core box)?

1) I didn't get those since I didn't want to have to keep adding them as expansions are added

2) The monster trays hold the monster decks (and also the rest of the decks in the game), not the figures. None of the figures fit in the box.

3) I got the additional monster trays since I have all the expansions, so not all of the minercreations trays fit. I removed one of the more basic ones, although can't remember what it was supposed to fit anyways. That being said, it fits everything from the base game and all expansions, but I wasn't able to fit the rule books (base or expansions) in there with it. Or any of the figures. I have all the card trays on the bottom, then tokens and settlement locations/events on that, then the board.

While it isn't perfect, it is much better than the plastic insert that came with the game. I'm happy with it even though it doesn't fit the rule books or figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a thread with in depth pictures of the insert here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1578766/wooden-insert-discu...

With the extra monster tray, I was able to get everything (sleeved) except the miniatures to fit. There's no way the miniatures are going to fit... not even close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emodiu5 wrote:
I posted a thread with in depth pictures of the insert here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1578766/wooden-insert-discu...

With the extra monster tray, I was able to get everything (sleeved) except the miniatures to fit. There's no way the miniatures are going to fit... not even close.

Ahh, that's right. I originally removed the tray you did because of your thread so I could include the rule books but then decided to put it back in and not include the books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Arn
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
voltemands voltemands
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Has anybody painted their insert set?

The colour puts me off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mbmbmbmbmb
voltemands wrote:

The colour puts me off.

I wouldn't want to risk paint coming off on the components, although I did consider staining it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Haertzen
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
voltemands wrote:

The colour puts me off.

I am currently in the process of painting mine. So far I'm about halfway done. My process is:

1. sanding with 80 grit
2. sanding with 120 grit
3. sanding with 220 grit
4. white primer
5. sanding with 320 grit
6. flat black paint
7. 2nd layer of flat black paint.
8. a coat of matte enamel

After I'm done with all of them I am going to line the bottom of each section with a dark grey felt. But I have yet to even buy the felt.

So far, with the ones that are completed, it looks preeeeetty good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
voltemands voltemands
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Sounds a thorough process.

Feel free to post some pictures :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
emodiu5 wrote:
voltemands wrote:

The colour puts me off.

I wouldn't want to risk paint coming off on the components, although I did consider staining it.

I have stained and sealed the insert. Will post pics with details early next morning when I am off work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
voltemands wrote:

The colour puts me off.

I stained mine. Just got a couple cans of furniture stain and sprayed in two thin coats. Quick and easy not perfect but looks a lot better and suits us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
voltemands wrote:

The colour puts me off.

As promised, a full review with photos is now up: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23293948#23293948

Hope you enjoy and perhaps find some inspiration!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
voltemands voltemands
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Great. Looks thorough!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Miner
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Hi, I'm Dan Miner of MinerCreations!

If you're going to paint your set, I recommend doing so before assembly, especially if you plan to do it with sprays or an airbrush. Keep in mind that MDF is very porous and drinks paint (you may need a few coats to get a solid colouring).

I have done in the past of using roller paint to paint the boards before laser cutting the set (in black) for $20 if you do wish that send me an email at shop@minercreations.com and I'll get you hooked up with an invoice for your order. Doing the roller paint does a nice solid coat of paint, then the cut edges have a very dark rich brown (as shown in the pictures) that is left on the edges creating a very dark rich looking finish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Thickitt
United States
flag msg tools
Hi Dan, thanks for the tips regarding painting! I'm planning on picking this up, however, I'm wondering about the dividers. If I buy the dividers now and more expansions are added, do you have plans to offer only the new dividers so I don't have to buy the whole set again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Miner
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
sorry, I don't check here often and don't get email notifications. There are dividers for all current expansions in the veneer dividers, if in the future there are more done, we'll create expansion packs to upgrade your sets of veneer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greasy Reese
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I store my gear cards in 5x6 plastic sheets for easy viewing (one sheet per settlement location). I also use 3x3 plastic sheets attached to the core gear grids for gameplay, so I won't need to store the MDF gear grids in the box.

I'm hoping to be able to store at least a few miniatures in the gear trays provided in this MDF set. (Just placed my order, I don't have it yet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.