10 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: The App... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Nojima
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm ridiculously excited for this! One question I have... Will the app function purely as a Keeper-bot? Or will there be some nice thematic options the app provides as well... like sound effects/music/possible voice over in some instances, etc? I typically game with my bluetooth speakers pumping out good mood music (or just some good tunes) to really enhance the gaming experience.

While I have a playlist for "spooky" games like MoM, it'd be cool if the App had its own means to create ambiance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Hammons
United States
Santa Monica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Road to Legend app for Descent includes ambient sound for scenarios. There was voice over but it was limited to the campaign intros. Everything else was read by players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nojima
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'd totally be ok with that. I was just thinking maybe the prologue could have voice-over. Some decent ambient music and sound effects when monsters drop, events happen, locks open, etc.

Just a hope... can't wait for this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Ružičić
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can I get some more info about the app? I guess there is no love for Windows Mobile (or even better UWP)? If its only iOS/Android app then I'll have to skip this one just like XCOM...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krcko wrote:
Where can I get some more info about the app? I guess there is no love for Windows Mobile (or even better UWP)? If its only iOS/Android app then I'll have to skip this one just like XCOM...

It's probably on steam/windows like Descent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
krcko wrote:

Yeah, I played the new Descent with the Steam app running on a Windows laptop connected to a 26" LCD TV. It worked great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantom Load wrote:
lfisher wrote:
krcko wrote:

Yeah, I played the new Descent with the Steam app running on a Windows laptop connected to a 26" LCD TV. It worked great.

Please tell me you still had one person reading the text out loud. Cos just having everyone silently reading the screen would be a bit weird. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:

Please tell me you still had one person reading the text out loud. Cos just having everyone silently reading the screen would be a bit weird. goo

The intro part was narrated for us, but yes, the person closest to the TV was reading off the information. I was very apprehensive about the app initially but found it to be an excellent addition to the game. In addition, there was ambient noise provided while in the city (I think it was people chattering) to keep things thematic.

Maybe the Mansions app will randomly blast out scary noises or howling at high volume to keep you stressed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
I'm hoping this app is fully narrated to be honest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:
I'm hoping this app is fully narrated to be honest.

Road to Legend isn't, so don't get your hopes up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.