GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,302 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: New Investigators for expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allison Macrae
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There has been much speculation regarding what FFG will do once they release the last of the Arkham investigators in this game (which at the current pace will be three expansions from now; one more large box and two more small boxes). Will they call 48 good enough and stop? Will they stop adding content entirely (Come on, this is FFG, what do you think?). Will they make up new investigators?

Well, today's trailer for Mansions of Madness, a game that to my understanding currently only has a fraction of the Arkham investigators, showcases some completely new investigators. What better way to introduce some new investigators into FFG's Arkham canon, to pave the way for their inclusion into other expansion products?

Say hello to Father Mateo (The Priest), Agatha Crane (The Parapsychologist), Preston Fairmont (The Millionaire), and Carson Sinclair.

Obviously their abilities in a separate game can only loosely track over to EH, but Mateo is a high Will character who can help others Focus, Agatha is a high Lore character who gains clues (and can clone herself, apparently...she's used twice in the demo mock-up in the trailer ), Preston is a high Influence character who rewards you for buying things, and Carson has high Observation and carries some keys with him, I guess (we never get a close up of his card). All of these describe pretty standard EH archetypes that we could easily see in an expansion.

I wonder if they intend to fully finish the Arkham 48, and then move on to new Investigators, or if they will introduce them earlier. It would seem a little unfair to people who have been waiting this long to see their favourite AH character in this game not to finish the original cast first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My thoughts exactly, Alasdair. You were faster.
I really hoped we'll get the original cast first, but I doubt it.
Here's hi-res Agatha Crane for reference:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
All known investigators in MoM2.0 are using Eldritch Horror art, so above's the art she'll get once she also joins Eldritch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magister Germanicus
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been currently saving up for the now over priced Mansions of Madness. What is this mention of a "MoM 2.0"? Is this getting a reboot? A second edition printing? Can you provide a link to this preview you mentioned?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GermanTodd wrote:
I've been currently saving up for the now over priced Mansions of Madness. What is this mention of a "MoM 2.0"? Is this getting a reboot? A second edition printing? Can you provide a link to this preview you mentioned?

www.fantasyflightgames.com ;-)
It's the newest preview on the homepage at this moment.
More directly:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/25/mansion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GermanTodd wrote:

Thanks!

1st ed is obviously the first edition
2nd ed was just announced. Its a reimagining of the 1st ed but doesn't replace it completely. Whereas 1st is 1vsall, 2nd ed is fully coop. I don't think we know too much about gameplay differences yet, but 2nd ed has an app that is mandatory to play.

Importantly, some of the first edition stuff can be used in second edition, so beyond having different gameplay, its not redundant to have both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.