Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
Only In It For The Chuckles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there absolutely brand new investigators in this too? Preston Fairmont? Agatha Crane? Looks like they are expanding the investigator pool?

I saw Wendy Adams in the promo video so the older investigators look to be involved but wow... New blood!

Edit: Apparently we have Father Mateo and Carson Sinclair too.

Lots of things crop up here. Will they be made available for EH too? After all that is still ongoing.
Will there be AH 2nd edition including these new investigators? Probably not but...
Has FFG been holding off producing the individual investigator minis for so long because of these new investigators?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. Hopefully tomorrow, or by Wednesday at the latest, we get our first preview of the mechanical underpinning of the game.

I'm especially curious what changes and additions we'll see in the fundamental rules. After all, Eldritch, Runebound, Descent, Game of Throne LCG and Fury of Dracula all experienced significant alterations, whilst retaining their core flavor (perhaps Battlelore as well, I never paid that much attention). I suspect there will be at least one change the community finds polarizing (then again, perhaps that is the change we already know ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Withywindle wrote:
Are there absolutely brand new investigators in this too? Preston Fairmont? Agatha Crane? Looks like they are expanding the investigator pool?

I saw Wendy Adams in the promo video so the older investigators look to be involved but wow... New blood!

Edit: Apparently we have Father Mateo and Carson Sinclair too.

Lots of things crop up here. Will they be made available for EH too? After all that is still ongoing.
Will there be AH 2nd edition including these new investigators? Probably not but...
Has FFG been holding off producing the individual investigator minis for so long because of these new investigators?

Eldritch Horror is basically Arkham Horror 2nd Edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really. They seem sufficiently different games to me when I play them that EH does not feel like a new edition. Sure they have the same monsters and investigators but as far as gameplay and feel go it is a very different gaming experience.
That said as I say in my original post I very much doubt that another version of AH is being considered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Withywindle wrote:
Not really. They seem sufficiently different games to me when I play them that EH does not feel like a new edition. Sure they have the same monsters and investigators but as far as gameplay and feel go it is a very different gaming experience.

More so than Descent 2nd Ed to Descent 1st Ed? More so than Runebound 3rd Ed to Runebound 2nd Ed?

Seems like a similar amount of "difference" in all those games to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Does not feel a similar amount of difference to me.

They even called it a different name. If it was an Arkham Horror 2nd edition then they would have called it that - like they kept the name and added the edition numbers in your examples. EH is set on a world wide scale and is sufficiently different in other areas such as gameplay and feel in my opinion from Arkham to merit being classed a different game.

No biggie. If you think it is then that's perfectly fine with me.

Edit: If it is all the same to everyone can we keep the discussion more focused on the new investigators and the possibilities rather than get into a version analysis? Just feels like we might be creeping slowly away from the original intent of the thread here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:

But SOOOOOOO much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:

But SOOOOOOO much better.

Totally agree there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So much for politely asking to get back on topic...

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note: Rita looks awesome. Extra movements? Yes PLEASE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Withywindle wrote:
So much for politely asking to get back on topic...

shake

Haven't you learn the first rule of BGG: threads shall never be constrained to a single topic.

Now, how's that whole Clinton/Trump thing coming along? I've heard that's going well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soakman wrote:
Just a note: Rita looks awesome. Extra movements? Yes PLEASE!

Yes I'm really excited to see what happens with the 'old' investigators as part of the conversion as well as looking at the new ones. It'll be great to see a comprehensive overview at some point. Hopefully this will be soon as we only have a short lead in time to actual release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really wish the investigators and monsters would follow along with what mini's are still missing from Eldritch Horror. Maybe a future expansion? I love being able to move miniatures between games of MOM, Eldritch and Elder Sign

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuriy Matuhno
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Withywindle wrote:
That said as I say in my original post I very much doubt that another version of AH is being considered.
Ya rly. Eldritch Horror IS Arkham Horror 2.0. If you have hopes for anything else - you better abandon them now, for they are surely in vain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doubt we'll see the new investigators added to Arkham Horror, unless they publish their sheets as promo items somewhere (and leave you to buy the painted minis, if they release them) ?

They might come out in a new Eldritch horror set though. I agree it's basically replaced Arkham Horror in the FFG line up...

... but Arkham Horror is still way more interesting to play

topic veers sharply off a cliff...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.