$60.00
$20.00
"Everything I need to know I learned in the brain of my human host."
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
Her obit in the New York Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/26/arts/music/marni-nixon-sin...

"Classically trained, Ms. Nixon was throughout the 1950s and ’60s the unseen — and usually uncredited — singing voice of the stars in a spate of celebrated Hollywood films. She dubbed Deborah Kerr in The King and I, Natalie Wood in West Side Story and Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady, among many others."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Knight
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you grew up in Seattle in the '70s you totally know her face. She hosted a local kids show called boomerang...

"Our time is gone,
Where did it go,
It always goes fast,
When you want it slow..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Riedy
United States
Glen Ridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gee Whiz wrote:
If you grew up in Seattle in the '70s you totally know her face. She hosted a local kids show called boomerang...

"Our time is gone,
Where did it go,
It always goes fast,
When you want it slow..."

"We had some fun
We sang some songs
And I am so glad
You could come along.

Boomerang is just for you
so next time watch us
and we'll look for you too."

RIP tv personality from my childhood (of the 80s, when they showed Boomerang in reruns).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.