Ed Gass-Donnelly
msg tools
mbmbmb
I love this game. I love when a human gets eaten they turn into an alien, it's thematically perfect.

But when an alien attacks and kills an alien, the attacked player is out of the game and that kind of sucks (especially if you're eliminated early and the game goes on too long).

So here's our house rule suggestion: if an alien kills another alien, the player of the dead alien secretly draws one of remaining role cards and shows up as "reinforcements", but the other players won't know if the reinforcement is human or alien.

So this would still penalize the alien team (i.e. potentially adding a human reinforcement or at the very least adding more confusion for them to contend with) but it would also prevent early player elimination.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3ldfilms wrote:
I love this game. I love when a human gets eaten they turn into an alien, it's thematically perfect.

But when an alien attacks and kills an alien, the attacked player is out of the game and that kind of sucks (especially if you're eliminated early and the game goes on too long).

So here's our house rule suggestion: if an alien kills another alien, the player of the dead alien secretly draws one of remaining role cards and shows up as "reinforcements", but the other players won't know if the reinforcement is human or alien.

So this would still penalize the alien team (i.e. potentially adding a human reinforcement or at the very least adding more confusion for them to contend with) but it would also prevent early player elimination.

Thoughts?

I like it, although coming back as a human could delay the human side from winning, but a little chaos is always fun.

Another idea is to simply penalize the dead alien by losing a turn before reconstituting in the same spot. The humans will now not only know who's an alien from that encounter but also exactly where they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Board Game
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jyeackle wrote:
3ldfilms wrote:

Thoughts?

I like it, although coming back as a human could delay the human side from winning, but a little chaos is always fun.

Another idea is to simply penalize the dead alien by losing a turn before reconstituting in the same spot. The humans will now not only know who's an alien from that encounter but also exactly where they are.

I didn't realize there was a human "side." I thought it was every human for his or herself.

I do like the idea of coming back as an unknown, though. I eliminated my wife in turn 6 today. It was the only game she played all day and I felt like a real heel, but she was sitting on a human.

That would cause the games to run longer, though, and I like the snappy pace of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
debiant wrote:
I didn't realize there was a human "side." I thought it was every human for his or herself.

True, I meant it more as what you wrote, that it would delay the game from ending. Any escaped human players would have won but could be stuck waiting even longer for the game to reset/end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.