Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Luub
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been asked already, couldn't find it.

Can I carry a worker on a mech to another space with a mech, then move the second mech and carry the same worker?

I suspect you can, but I'm not totally sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Moving workers via mechs doesn't "cost" movement, so this is perfectly legal...and clever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Picking up/dropping off workers dont count as actions or movement, so you can pick up any number of workers along with resources and move them around as you like. Just remember only mechs can do this, not your main character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Edwards
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Xhawk wrote:
Yep. Picking up/dropping off workers dont count as actions or movement, so you can pick up any number of workers along with resources and move them around as you like. Just remember only mechs can do this, not your main character.

Also remember that all unit types, not just workers, can move resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tommy lee
msg tools
But you have to do a move action for your mechs correct..they just don't move for free....or do they. So you can take the workers and daisy chain and move 2 mechs, but then your worker can;t move as you used you moves.

help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a mech moves, it uses a move action. If a mech carries workers, the workers aren't using a move action. Each worker that moves on its own is a move action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tommy lee
msg tools
so i spend the needed to get 2 move.

I move 1 mech one space and 1 mech another space.

how do I have move left for carried worker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bishnickee wrote:
so i spend the needed to get 2 move.

I move 1 mech one space and 1 mech another space.

how do I have move left for carried worker?

The worker isn't spending any move actions in that example. The worker and Mech #1 start in the same space (space #1). First move action moves the mech one space (into space #2 which has mech #2), and the worker "rides" for free. Then the second move action moves mech #2 into space #3 and the worker again "rides" for free. So the worker has moved from space #1 to space #3 by riding on the two mechs.

If you upgrade your move action you have three moves, plus if you have your speed upgrade from building that mech you can move each unit two spaces. So with both of those upgrades you could move mech #1 with a worker two spaces, into a space with a different mech, then you could move mech #2 with the same worker another two spaces, then you could move that worker one space.

The worker doesn't have to spend a move action when on the mech, only the mech is spending the action, the worker "rides" for free. There is no movement cost for a worker to "enter" a mech that is in the same space, it can just be picked up and carried.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tommy lee
msg tools
ok got it, its what i thought. I was confused as it sounded like the mechs did 2 moves then the workers did two, we were doing it right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.