$35.00
Greg Lorrimer
United Kingdom
Harrow on the Hill
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've written a short intro to highly social boardgames for my facebook pals, to get people out of their tablets and video games, and talking to each other; especially families. I restrict my facebook to a few friends and family, only 45 people or so. So it's not likely to go far. But with your help.....

It's here:

[geekurl=https://www.facebook.com/gregory.lorriman/posts/10153770694890920]https://www.facebook.com/gregory.lorriman/posts/101537706948...[/geekurl]

Obviously you may have a list of your own that you think is better, but I think that list is pretty darn good for simpler games and real challenge; and replay value.

It's also got a few OOP games, but a bit of publicity might help them get back in to print.

Do share the link on your facebook if you wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's this Facebook of which you speak?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
That's several hundred words too long to go viral.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Facebook is a plague on the internet. I tried it for about a month in 2009 and started scrambling to get it off my computer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmb
No cats?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
"A pilot's greatest virtue is to know when to run" -- "What's this, a joke?"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not exactly sure what qualifies as "viral Facebook post," but I wasn't particularly impressed by this.
Some pictures, better formatting, and another read through would have helped this a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jay
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tl;dr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My FB family & friends have seen just about over half of every game I own because I post a BGG link and picture of games I purchase. I'm already fighting the good fight!
Lol!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
bltzlfsk wrote:
Facebook is a plague on the internet. I tried it for about a month in 2009 and started scrambling to get it off my computer.

Heh. So waddaya think of people who think that Facebook IS the internet? The entirety of the internet. Or the other group who thinks that Facebook is not a part of the internet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett B
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently posted a pretty picture of my awesome new game shelf on Facebook and hilariously notated it with "Finally, my games are out of the closet"

No one cared. snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may want to include a link to where many of these games can be purchased. I don't think the average Facebook user is going to know how to get to the BGG shop and probably wouldn't want to put forth the effort anyway. Of course, you don't want to clutter up your post with too many links, so be careful of that.

To those saying the post was too long, it actually reads quickly and for the most part is rather concise; though I doubt most people are going to know/care what he's talking about (no offense to the OP, it's just a sad likelihood). On Facebook in general people aren't likely to read things that are more than two or three lines long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
euronoob

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soleia wrote:
I don't think the average Facebook user is going to know how to get to the BGG shop and probably wouldn't want to put forth the effort anyway

I agree with this - I'd suggest you omit or replace anything that has the "*only available 2nd hand off Boardgamegeek, The game's page has a 'market' link; you'll need paypal" note. Chasing down OOP titles isn't going to get new people into gaming (and it's not going to help them get others into it, either). Choose the not-quite-as-good but-good-enough alternative to get them started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.