Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Me, I got the fabric bags. For anything that involves a chitcup or a random draw from facedown tiles, I find drawstring pouches to reduce fiddliness and time (setting and cleaning up especially) to an insane level so I'd add them myself anyhow (and probably for more money than they cost in pledge manager).

I'm pretty practical like that

Also tempted by the Memories expansion. I really wish that had won instead of the Sewers as a stretch goal as it deepens the existing gameplay, rather than add a new appendage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Best
United States
Brandon
FL
flag msg tools
Both of the add on expansions and the rubble die was all for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto for me too, Chris.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cat, of course !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the Expansions, Rubble dice & Cat.
Nearly went for the furniture but the costs held be back.
Aussie dollar is struggling at the moment.
I wish this was KS was done 2 years ago when we had parity with USD.
Then I would have gone to town on the addons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lorenzo
United States
Temple Terrace
Florida
flag msg tools
The 2 expansions, rubble die and cat. It took a long time for me to decide NOT to go all out on the furniture, map, bags, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...I kinda just looked at my wallet and thought the money inside would make great kindling.

I got the lot including everything painted.

Didn't get the cd, t-shirt or diorama though, so I suppose I saved SOME money at least.

Australian dollar conversion killed me though. it was basically $1000 all up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to get the expansions, the rumble die, the cat, the fabric bags (for easier storing) and the map (just for some extra dimension and context).

Decided to skip the resin figures and painting of the figures due to costs (like many others). Maybe someday, after learning how to paint, I will paint them myself. The planning for painting board games now is War of the Ring only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlon Kruis
Netherlands
Pijnacker
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did a group pledge and most of us took only the 2 expansions with the base game. (5 from the 6)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Presumably the two additional expansions are not exclusive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Ditto for me too, Chris.

Same here. Wished that other addons appeared reasonable in terms of cost/contribution to the gameplay experience, but they just didn't, for me. In fact, the rubble die is in the limit. I just got it out of curiosity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I took everything but the collectors (Art book, useless map, etc..) and the painting.
So, basically, it's the game + all expansions + all miniatures in resin + the cat + the furnitures + the bags + the die.
This all, in French.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both expansions, rubble die, cat, the two bags and artbook. Maybe I'll add the map as well, but I'm not sure about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koolin wrote:
I decided to get the expansions, the rumble die, the cat, the fabric bags (for easier storing) and the map (just for some extra dimension and context).

Decided to skip the resin figures and painting of the figures due to costs (like many others). Maybe someday, after learning how to paint, I will paint them myself. The planning for painting board games now is War of the Ring only.

That's exactly what I got as well. Except I actually got the painted cat. The cat mini is so awfully ugly that I'm hoping some paint might make it acceptable.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, "Collector's Edition", so the art book as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember having a conversation with Jakuwis earlier in the kickstarter when I wasn't sure if I should purchase or not. He told me that if I didn't enjoy the game then I could return it for a refund. Is this still the case? And does it matter what extras you purchased, are all of them refunded? I've basically gone all in here but worried the game might end up a flop for my gaming group. If that's the case then that's a hell of a lot of money I've just wasted if I can't refund.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
After getting confirmation that the cat mini does in fact replace a specific cat token since the rules are different for the dog and cat I ended up with the core, both expansions, cat mini & rubble die.

The rubble die also seems really cool, an extra choice added to the game which you can take after scavenging which I'm all for adding to the game experience thumbsup

Still unsure about the furniture minis haven't really dismissed it yet but my worry is it'll detract from what's on the cards since normally I'm cool with replacing tokens but this will replace a card I think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misfiring Chong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewAU wrote:
After getting confirmation that the cat mini does in fact replace a specific cat token since the rules are different for the dog and cat I ended up with the core, both expansions, cat mini & rubble die.

The rubble die also seems really cool, an extra choice added to the game which you can take after scavenging which I'm all for adding to the game experience thumbsup

Still unsure about the furniture minis haven't really dismissed it yet but my worry is it'll detract from what's on the cards since normally I'm cool with replacing tokens but this will replace a card I think?

You put the furniture mini on top of the card after you build it. It's just a nicer way to show that you have the furniture. Cards will still remain because they contain information on how to use the furniture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No add ons for me. The Stretch Goals threw enough additional content in for a game I'm buying more as an experience and teaching piece than something I'll feel the need to drag to the table every week.

On an amusing note a friend backed Outlive. So we can play these games back to back.

Outlive First->Feel horrible about your choices in that game while playing This War of Mine

This War first->Play a janky game of outlive as everyone is thinking too much bout the repercussions of their actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Mikes
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
designer
I think there's a thingy here somewhere.
badge
Where have you gone to, Dreamer? Whose dreams are you dreaming?
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the expansions, rubble die (mainly because of the addition of those rare stories that come with it), cat (because it's a cat - I had no idea it might have an actual use ingame), and the map.

At first I was thinking about getting the artbook instead of the map, but I've decided that the map on a wall above a game table would make a very nice addition to the atmosphere/theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skulk Ing
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the expansions, the rubble die, the city map (I guess I'll see what hints and tips and how much atmosphere it adds to the game), the CD (I'm a sucker for soundtracks), the bags (for ease in play and style), but none of the resin figures except the painted cat.

Of course, the cat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nonoyo Bidniss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Expansions, Rubble Dice, and Bags. Would have loved to upgrade to resin and get all the furniture and whatnots but fund don't allow and the things I've added are the only ones to really affect the gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.