World of Yo-Ho» Forums » General

Subject: Purchase in the Hope the Game Gets Improvements? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am considering buying this game, but I keep seeing a number of hopes from reviewers that could add to the game.

Does anyone know of Iello's plans for the game and app? Will they continue to patch content, etc.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the version history, the game was released in December. Bug fixes released in December 2016, January, February, and March. No content updates. No updates of any kind since March. I see no evidence that they plan to invest any efforts to improve the game content.

If another hybrid game like this is attempted in the future, I think the key to success would be a framework that allows for content MODS by the users. If Yo-Ho users could write their own missions, that could breathe life into the game system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The next update of the software will be available around Essen with a bunch of new missions, some of them being peace missions; new long range weapons allowing to shoot at two squares; more sea monster and team missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I guess I'm buying then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sheppard
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It would be nice to see some solo campaigns in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Vion
France
Préseau
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IelloGames wrote:
The next update of the software will be available around Essen with a bunch of new missions, some of them being peace missions; new long range weapons allowing to shoot at two squares; more sea monster and team missions.

The possibility to buy items at ports during other player's turn would be an huge improvement…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.