Pandemic» Forums » General

Subject: Thematic Pandemic Storage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Cas
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Ok, short story time from when this happened a few months ago.

I am moving through my school's finals week just before the holidays when members of the residence life team gave out Sunday-Saturday pill organizers with candy in them.

I debated throwing away the pill holder but thought there had to be a good use I could find for it. I head home for holiday break and I get Pandemic- and I love it. I play it a lot at home and then take it with me back to college. When I get back to college, I see the pill holder and I think it is the perfect size to hold everything. This was great because I didn't love the bag system.

So I show Pandemic to my friends and at some point during the game I told them that the pill organizer was my addition. They all commented how they didn't even notice. So I asked them why did they not notice?

And it was at this point I realized that not only does the pill organizer hold things great for this game but it fits the THEME perfectly! Completely unintentional- but it works so well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bacher
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
Okami
mbmbmbmbmb
The pill organizer is great! I hadn't thought of that.

I have to say, though, rubber bands are not a good idea. I have a lot of older games that have marks and stains on the cards from rubber bands, and even bits of rubber that stuck on. These days I use hair bands - they're cheap from the drugstore. I think they have a rubber band inside, but the cloth on the outside protects the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Posey
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbacher wrote:
The pill organizer is great! I hadn't thought of that.

I have to say, though, rubber bands are not a good idea. I have a lot of older games that have marks and stains on the cards from rubber bands, and even bits of rubber that stuck on. These days I use hair bands - they're cheap from the drugstore. I think they have a rubber band inside, but the cloth on the outside protects the cards.

Hair bands work well, but they add a thickness to the deck which can be problematic if you're tight on space. I've started using 4"x5" plastic bags for all my cards. A thick deck of cards will often not fit into a 3"x4" bag, and a 4"x6" bag is excessively big, but a 4"x5" seems just right. I found some cheap ones online at the link below. Note: It's not prime eligible, but there is still FREE SHIPPING!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LG07PA6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_t...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.