• [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Homewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

If the unit has Assault Fire (underlined FP), remember that this will not be applied because that is only for a limited range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Probst
Australia
Glen Waverley
VIC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
severn8212 wrote:
Is the FP halved TWICE?

Or even more, depending on the circumstances.

Any application of Area Fire (i.e., halved FP) is cumulative with any other application of Area Fire.

So: if your unit is a Passenger on a truck, is pinned, is firing in the AFPh, at long range, and the truck is in Motion, and the target is concealed, your FP is divided by 64!

A funny little fact about Assault Fire: it can only apply when the target is within normal range, but aside from that, if you qualify, then your minimum FP will be 2, no matter how many times you are halved. The reason is that after all halving is applied, the result (which will be a number > 0, even if it's only a tiny fraction) is FRU (to at least 1) and then you add 1. So: minimum of 2 FP -- even if your unit is a Passenger on a truck, is pinned, is firing in the AFPh, and the truck is in Motion, and the target is concealed -- but NOT at long range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Cameron
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BruceP wrote:
So: if your unit is a Passenger on a truck, is pinned, is firing in the AFPh, at long range, and the truck is in Motion, and the target is concealed, your FP is divided by 64!

I always wondered why my motion truck Passengers firing long range at concealed units seemed so ineffective in the AFPh. Still - only divided by 32 if they are unpinned.

Maybe if I got a really big stack of them together that might work better ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BattleSchool Managing Editor
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BruceP wrote:
A funny little fact about Assault Fire: it can only apply when the target is within normal range, but aside from that, if you qualify, then your minimum FP will be 2, no matter how many times you are halved. The reason is that after all halving is applied, the result (which will be a number > 0, even if it's only a tiny fraction) is FRU (to at least 1) and then you add 1. So: minimum of 2 FP -- even if your unit is a Passenger on a truck, is pinned, is firing in the AFPh, and the truck is in Motion, and the target is concealed -- but NOT at long range.

Bonus style points for using these Passengers to achieve Encirclement with Assault Fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.