Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noneya Bidness
United States
Middletown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi. I just got this game and love it. I wanna play the shit out of it but my group is hard to get together and even harder to block out the time needed to play. So is anyone starting or want to start a newbie game. I have the base set.

Any one up for it or have any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you find enough other players I would join.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noneya Bidness
United States
Middletown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was kinda hoping someone who's done this before would start it. I have the Vassel mod down loaded but don't really know how to use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanley A Wilkins Jr MD
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Dr. Bubba
mbmbmbmbmb
My group sets realistic expectations. Plan to play 4 times a year. Have a place to play where you can leave it and come back to it 1-3 weeks later. We typically play on Sunday afternoon after Church from 2:00 PM till 8:00 or 9:00....you need to find two afternoons. To save time a preset map saves you a fair amount. Enjoy!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bubbascoop wrote:
My group sets realistic expectations. Plan to play 4 times a year. Have a place to play where you can leave it and come back to it 1-3 weeks later. We typically play on Sunday afternoon after Church from 2:00 PM till 8:00 or 9:00....you need to find two afternoons. To save time a preset map saves you a fair amount. Enjoy!!

How many players are you?

@OP:
I know it's hard to get into the game for the first time but try to find some friends and have a nice day together with food and drinks and try to learn the game. Don't try to finish the game. Try to learn it and even if you only play 3-4 rounds for the whole day...your goal should be to get your friends involved into the game.
And then for the next time you all have at least a clue of the game and know what will be happening so you can try your first real game (just with basic rules and a preset map).

With some routine your games become quicker and it really isn't as long as everybody says. My group plays 4-5 player games in 75 minutes per player in a single session.
And we managed to play it 5 times already in 2016.

[EDIT: edited the autocorrect]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noneya Bidness
United States
Middletown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Maybe some clarification is in order. I've actually played the game twice. Problem is that most of my gaming circle is younger than I am and they almost all have young families so getting together for an 5 to 8 hour game session on a weekend is very hard to do.

I just love the game and want to play the shit out of it. So I'm looking for a newb friendly online game to tide me over until we can all get together and play IRL.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.