13 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Player Movement and line of sight rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edmund Sun
msg tools
Hey guys!

I understand that the rules state that if a survivor moves into a zone with zombies it will end their movement action. However, if that survivor manage to kill that zombie/zombies is he allowed to move again?

Move to zone A - 1 Action
Kill Zombie - 1 Action
Move to Zone B - 1 Action

These total up to 3 actions, this can be done right

Also another rule that I would like to ask is the LOS.
If a survivor is within the LOS of the zombie, will the zombie move towards the survivor? or It will still proceed to move towards the sound?

because if the zombie moves towards the sound, can i safely say that if I can create a zone with a lot of sounds then the zombie will all move there?

For EG. A door zone with 3 sound tokens vs Zombie LOS with 2 survivors, where should he move towards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
msg tools
For the first question, any time a survivor moves into a zone with a zombie his move action is complete. Yes. This only means if a survivor has the ability to move two zones in one movement action, then he can only move into the zone with the zombie and he's done with that move action. Any other actions he can spend as normal. So yes you can move to a zone, kill, move again. You can also move to a zone with a zombie, ending your move action, then spend two actions (one for the regular move action and one for the additional move action since there is a zombie in the zone) to move away.

For the second question, zombies move toward the loudest sound they hear and see first. Then towards the loudest sound they don't see if there is no survivor in LOS. The distance is irrelevant. If you have one survivor next to an abomination and two survivors within LOS of the abomination in the same zone together four zones away, the abomination will go towards the loudest zone it sees - the zone with the two survivors even if the one is closer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Only that one Action is stopped. Nothing stops you taking another Move Action later during the same turn.

Note that even if the enemy were one you couldn't kill (eg., a Fatty when you have only 1-Damage weapons), you could do the following:
Move to Zone A - 1 Action
Move to Zone B - 2 Actions (one extra for staring a Move Action in a Zone with a Zombie)

Zombies prioritise Survivors they can see over other Zones. The easy way to remember this is to just ask the following:

Can the Zombie see any Survivors?
If yes, it will head for the loudest Zone it can see that contains at least one Survivor.
If no, it will head for the loudest Zone on the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clarke

Ewloe
Flintshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth bearing in mind if the zombie(s) can see 2 zones with the same amount of noise they will split and move towards both even if the 2 spaces are different distances away.

Example :- 2 Walkers are 1 space from 2 survivors (2 noise) and 2 spaces from 1 survivor who has a noise token with them (2 noise). 1 walker will head for the 2 survivors and the other will head for the single survivor.

If there had been only 1 walker in the example it would have split (see page 24 of rule book).

If it was 1 abomination and you only have 1 you would pick which way it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Abominations actually never split, even if you have more than 1 figure:

Z:BP Rules p24 wrote:
• Abominations and Necromancers never split; decide which
direction they go.

But the examples you gave were indeed correct. Distance never factors into a Zombie choosing its target Zone or Zones. It is only factored in when determining the path or paths they may take to each target Zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clarke

Ewloe
Flintshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd missed that thanks Jorgen, to be fair it's not been a factor as I only have 1 Necromancer and 1 abomination (at the moment).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Sun
msg tools
So I was playing the game, can I check for the weapon axe of carnage, does it work in a way that for every melee success I have, I will plus an additional one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
I am the one who mods!
badge
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
mbmbmbmbmb
StaGeD89 wrote:
So I was playing the game, can I check for the weapon axe of carnage, does it work in a way that for every melee success I have, I will plus an additional one?

No.
It simply adds one hit regardless of how many successes you roll. Even zero successes will result in 1 hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clarke

Ewloe
Flintshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenbrain wrote:
StaGeD89 wrote:

No.
It simply adds one hit regardless of how many successes you roll. Even zero successes will result in 1 hit.

I thought the wording was "an additional success", surly it can't be "additional" if you've had no successes for it to be additional to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Falseemp wrote:
I thought the wording was "an additional success", surly it can't be "additional" if you've had no successes for it to be additional to?

That's an ambiguity that can go either way depending on the game/designer. In this case, we have an official response stating that you can get the additional success on top of the zero you rolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clarke

Ewloe
Flintshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Falseemp wrote:

That's an ambiguity that can go either way depending on the game/designer. In this case, we have an official response stating that you can get the additional success on top of the zero you rolled.

Fair enough, not seen that one, can you point me to it please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Falseemp wrote:
Fair enough, not seen that one, can you point me to it please.

Here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clarke

Ewloe
Flintshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I'd read that one and not noticed that ruling, cheers.

Personally I'll be ignoring it, as I think a guaranteed hit is overly powerful, but that's the advantage of the game you can pick and choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.