Subject: Elite Crew Deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hill
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Stepped away from the game for a week due to work commitments, and I am already forgetting rules. The ravages of growing old!

Is the only instance of Elite Crew cards being used, after red core tiles have been revealed?

I thought there was another circumstance this deck became part of play. After going back through the rules, this is only thing I could find.

Just want to confirm I am not missing anything. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon G
msg tools
mbmbmb
There is an undiscovered card that lets you pick a crew member from the elite deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hill
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Much thanks, Jon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lorphanpaibul
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for piggyback on this thread but in Mage Knight you use Elite deck when the core tile appears but I can not find that rule in Star Trek Frontiers. Only place I find reference to Elite Crew deck is that they come in to play depending on the scenario. So my question is in solo conquest, you don't get to recruit from Elite deck unless you defeat Borg Cube that let you get elite crew?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can recruit from the Elite Deck after the first core tile appears.

From Page 4 of the Rulebook: (Prepare the round) "Deal new Crew Cards into the Crew offer equal to the number of actual players plus 2. If no Core Map tile has been revealed, deal Regular (silver back) Crew Members only. If at least one Core Map tile has been revealed, alternate dealing Elite (gold) and Regular Crew Members. (Elite, Regular, Elite, etc.)"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lorphanpaibul
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Maniac wrote:
You can recruit from the Elite Deck after the first core tile appears.

From Page 4 of the Rulebook: (Prepare the round) "Deal new Crew Cards into the Crew offer equal to the number of actual players plus 2. If no Core Map tile has been revealed, deal Regular (silver back) Crew Members only. If at least one Core Map tile has been revealed, alternate dealing Elite (gold) and Regular Crew Members. (Elite, Regular, Elite, etc.)"

Thank you. I know the rule is in MK, but I just could not find it in ST Frontiers except for that one instance where it mentions that elite crew depend on scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, from time to time I had to look up some rules as well. Some of them are a bit "hidden".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.